Remove Sniper from Outrider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siper

Private Tester
Putting the longest range weapon on the fastest moving class is the dumbest idea.

please fix asap

thank you

poiuyt580

umm
I don't see what's wrong with that

that's just like saying putting a short range weapon (grenade) on the slowest moving class (sentinel) is a stupid idea

Siper

Private Tester
umm
I don't see what's wrong with that

that's just like saying putting a short range weapon (grenade) on the slowest moving class (sentinel) is a stupid idea

Imagine you are playing a board game, there is lil troop classes(all troops cost the same), imagine there was a troop which had the fastest movement but also the longest range, wouldn't you just go all out with that troop? ;p

poiuyt580

Imagine you are playing a board game, there is lil troop classes(all troops cost the same), imagine there was a troop which had the fastest movement but also the longest range, wouldn't you just go all out with that troop? ;p
Sure. So? Not everyone in the game uses the outrider sniper, so I don't see the issue here.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
whats the issue? the sniper classes are now effectively "scouts" meaning they go forward and watch the enemy base, while popping off a couple of shots off at snipers and key defenders (mainly HoFs)

but yes, from a defending point, they have been nerfed.
but it does mean snipers can regenerate to full power quicker. ;)

i'm pretty sure the whole idea of the update was to power down the defending sniper, while encouraging it to be used in other strategic ways, and make it a much more flexible class.
i guess we will see if it works...

<comment about copying tribes sniping here>

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

But you seem to be forgetting the disadvantages, the lack of armor. A good shot can easily cripple an outrider completely.

Personally, I find the sniper rifle to finally be the most balanced form of the sniper since the game was created.

w00tyou

Putting the longest range weapon on the fastest moving class is the dumbest idea.

please fix asap

thank you
Add buckler to mediums, fixed.

A haiku:
The buckler weapon
not very useful, we say
short range, lacks power
Poetics aside, you won’t see too many people using the buckler in multiplayer, we suspect. Although it has a noble goal - to reduce the amount of damage you take by raising a force field - this doesn’t help you perform any of your real goals in the game, which are to kill people and take their flags. You can use the buckler as an offensive weapon; when fired, it zips out and will strike enemies, albeit only those in your immediate vicinity, as the range is quite circumscribed. If this were a bit more powerful, it might see more use, but the damage doesn’t seem to be commensurate with the short range of the weapon. On the plus side, you have a limited amount of mid-air control of the buckler when it’s fired.
Idiots.

snob

No haus, that's not fixed. That's adding another weapon without dealing with the core issue.

In light of the changes to the LR and me not having played to the level as others, I wouldn't say that the current LR build is on the verge of being overpowered. I think it reflects more on the load-out spawn system than anything else.

There isn't really a way to deny the LR load-out from the other team ingame, it's just there due to the load-out system. Just like with all the other load-outs, anyone can spawn with hornet and anyone can leverage the weapon if they have the SKILL. When a sniper dies, it's a 2.5 second spawn delay (correct me on this) before they come back and influence the play area once again. It's quite a skill based load-out actually when you think about it. Because of that, only extremely aware and dedicated players can produced results with it.

Has anyone actually suggested changing the spawn timer to be load-outs specific? Like for example the sniper would spawn in 4 seconds compared to everyone else's 2. It's drastic yes, but it's the best I can think of at least until the game moves from spawn play.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Hornet Raider stayhome, Hornet outrider stayhome, same thing. I'd still get the same amount of points, with more health to boot. :p I see no reason to change it out of the outrider as you can kill them so easily.

Siper

Private Tester
Hornet Raider stayhome, Hornet outrider stayhome, same thing. I'd still get the same amount of points, with more health to boot. :p I see no reason to change it out of the outrider as you can kill them so easily.

I'm sorry but an "aware" sniper doesn't just let people shoot at them, raiders are so much easier to hit than outriders, and outriders can easily avoid raiders and keep shooting the capper.... and heck you are stay at home sniper so it doesn't even matter if you die and spawn in 2 seconds and ready to shoot as soon as you spawn. Not to mention an outrider can catch up faster to a capper.

Abandoned

Going at 300m/s won't counter snipers anyway. Eventually you'll have to slow down cause of the map boundaries or the sniper will just line himself up to you.

BestCharmie

Lol Disci, I still remember what you posted.

thumbs_up.gif

DOS4/GW

Having a very mobile sniper would be okay if its mobility was significantly hampered once it takes a shot. That's not the case right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.