Player health recharge

Disci

Old man
I strongly dislike the idea of any changes in the health recharging system. One thing I always appreciated in Legions was the way health was managed. I can understand, though, why some people think otherwise.

Old regeneration system made the gameplay slower. It was just one thing that encouraged people to choose selfish option instead of helping your team to win the map. For TDM/DM it might actually work well but for CTF it's not a good thing.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] One thing I always appreciated in Legions was the way health was managed. [...]
Exactly which version of "the way health was managed" did you like best? There have been countless changes to that, and they new versions have always been better than the ones before. And that will continue. Leejunz will constantly evolve and become a better game. That's what we're all here for, isn't it? ;)

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Exactly which version of "the way health was managed" did you like best? There have been countless changes to that, and they new versions have always been better than the ones before. And that will continue. Leejunz will constantly evolve and become a better game. That's what we're all here for, isn't it? ;)

yup, but i still strongly believe that the regenerative health recharge should stay, what about implementing both, keeping the same health recharge and having small "health medkits"

or just having regenerative health as a toggle-able feature.

Alex

I hope they will be put in the game right from the beginning, just to spoil the excitement of Alex.

C'mon guys... Do you really expect that Legions is going to be the same game forever? The one you played before IA went down. It's not going to be that very long. There will be changes and I'm sure you don't like them, but belive me, it's going to be the best thing that has happend to this game since forever.
i don't expect legions to be the same forever that would be dull...but very big changes aren't good either and whatever changes are made i will still be loyal to legions

I like this idea of "health kits". In a recent suggestions post, someone brought up smoke grenades. I think smoke grenades and health kits could fit along the same line. Obviously, if things were customized, health kits and smoke grenades could be something you could hold. By the way, it would be cool if you could hold a smoke grenade or a health kit and you could trigger the usage by pressing a button.

no, no!
I like the game just the way it is.
To be honest, the game was funner before they got fall damage.
Sure some change is good bu i think this is major and i would like to see it in a nother game mod like barebones in CoD

Voltz

Exactly which version of "the way health was managed" did you like best?
I liked the last version best. My point is, I don't like games that I have to run around the map looking for health sources. One example of this is Quakelive. Another thing, Legions is my favorite game and I panic when I hear about modifications to it :(, but I'm sure we all have that in common and I trust you guys will do what is best for the game.

I liked the last version best. My point is, I don't like games that I have to run around the map looking for health sources. One example of this is Quakelive. Another thing, Legions is my favorite game and I panic when I hear about modifications to it :(, but I'm sure we all have that in common and I trust you guys will do what is best for the game.
I just see these suggestions and think that the game will stray away from what it was and turn into a whole new thing

I find the game quite finished.
Sure it would be cool to add some things but just minor things that wont change the game drastically. I like it just the way it is.

Disci

Old man
For casual gamers it might be actually a good game already, but for people who do want something more out of it it's not.

Voltz

no, no!
I like the game just the way it is.
To be honest, the game was funner before they got fall damage
The fall damage was annoying at first but it didn't interfere with fight time. I just don't wanna spend time looking for health when I could be kicking ass and being kicked..lol. Anyway, I'll do my best to adapt to the new things

By-Tor

Private Tester
I don't like auto health regeneration legions currently has. I would much rather see a health kit system or perhaps a deployable health/ammo station. (This way a capper team could go way out and deploy it for themselves for future use)

I also don't like any Auto-Base healing setup's. Auto base healing would make offensive pressure very difficult to be effective. I'd much rather like to see an Engineer/deployer position be developed. Where by one player could be designated a repair/deployer and he could have an Auto-Health restore pack that heals players/gens/sensors around him within a given radius.

I guess my goal is to get away for the 'automatic' things and move towards 'choices'. Where teams can choose to devote resources different ways.

we have to keep in mind that legions is a fast paced game ith fast movement and some of these new stuff (i say only some) could slow down the game pace or just be a handicap to a player

The new Halo Reach system might work out well too. It's got a rechargeable shield AND regular health points. After your shield is gone, you can actually take damage to your health, but if you don't die, you'll be left with that amount of health and a fully recharged shield (after it regens). You need a health pack to get the rest of your heath back.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
we have to keep in mind that legions is a fast paced game ith fast movement and some of these new stuff (i say only some) could slow down the game pace or just be a handicap to a player

Though in general, these will improve the quality of the game and will keep the speed as it is. Honestly, health packs would speed up regen as it would be instant as opposed to waiting 10 seconds to heal (after you get away from the action). I may prefer the old system, but you can't say the health packs would slow down the game...

Perhaps you could equip a health pack, onto your person. Legions could have things in which you could hold, making strategies and varieties for different people. Another attatchment that you could equip could be some sort of technical grenade that can jam your weapon or damage your thrust. Anyways, the health packs wouldn't necessarily be held across the map.

Wouldn't an instant healing medpack make those few who are leet at Sentinal capping that much harder to kill? If it is implemented, my suggestion is make it a heal over time or heal like 25-50% a use with one use per life.