Mortar Poll

Get rid of the mortar.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

curser656

^True, sent became potentially weaker since the mortar. However it became somewhat easier (emphasis on the somewhat) for the rookies to use. IMO it is a good change; the learning curve of the heavy aspect of the game has been smoothened and the classes were balanced.
I started on the heavy in FE:L and it was definitely not a good idea. I'm not totally sure of the changes since back then other than the addition of mortar but playing it now is a lot easier to a newer player because of the easy to use weaponry (mortar). But don't get me wrong, that's the bright side.

Mightysheep, when will you realize that everyone loves mortar and that they just hate idiots like you. (lol ima make this my sig)
When people use fkin mortar like him that's when *chocolate cookies* starts to hit the fan, for a new player to do that is definitely a lot different then someone who's been around for a while. Unfortunately there isn't a solution that will accommodate everyone just yet, I sure as hell can't think of one other than remove the weapon all together. To be fair, it's not the weapon, it's the user.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I VOTED NO. JUST MAKE IT SO IT DOESN'T TO DAMAGE TO TEAMMATES!
No, that's just silly. "Hurr durr let's all spam the flag stand."

I'd say reduce it's AOE. As of right now, I'm getting one shotted as an OR even when it doesn't hit me dead on.

xzzxxz

i say lower splash damage because hofs using it kill other teammates on defense causing the 3 sec gap between spawning which leaves the team vulnerable..... just sayin XD

Gravis

Okay, I just had a few ideas that might have better compromises for the weapon:

1. Instead of decreasing the AOE range, damage, or splash damage directly, what should be done is decrease the splash damage within about 125-150 meters and increase the knock back/repelling force. At the same time the normal range, AOE and all damage will remain the same, outside of that range. I mean, basically, if you can decrease the sniper rifles damage the farther a target is away, you should be able to switch that around for the mortar. This wouldn't stop people from accidentally TK'ing, but it would decrease the number of TK's and make it less likely to do so unless a teammate is really low on health.

2. Turn off team damage altogether on some servers, specifically in pubs; or at least turn it down to 50%. At least at 50% there would still be the chance to TK someone, but not as much.

There is one thing some people need to realize about the mortar, however; it is a high risk, high reward weapon. So again, it's up to the person who uses it to correct their mistakes not the weapon itself. We should deal with the core of this issue and not just a piece of it.

Armageddon

Teapot
Gravis i don't know if thats possible to make the mortar act like the laser damage, haven't looked into it but i would think it's like tribes were lasers have their own projectile type that follows a different rule set.

Lasers = Beamprojectiledata and grenade/mortar = grenadeprojectiledata

Propkid

Make the mortar not detonate at all (I mean at all) if at the time of supposed explosion there's an ally nearby. (lol no mortars will explode for mightysheep)
If not that then an in-game punishment for TK might work, such as increased respawn time, forced respawn, point loss etc. will do.

You cannot modify the blast radius/damage/knockback; these three are related in such a way that the weapon is balanced. And it wouldn't solve the problem anyway.

curser656

Make the mortar not detonate at all (I mean at all) if at the time of supposed explosion there's an ally nearby. (lol no mortars will explode for mightysheep)
If not that then an in-game punishment for TK might work, such as increased respawn time, forced respawn, point loss etc. will do.

You cannot modify the blast radius/damage/knockback; these three are related in such a way that the weapon is balanced. And it wouldn't solve the problem anyway.
Yes this is kind of what I was talking about. In game punishment for TKs like increased respawn timer, kicking from the pub after repeated infringement. When I said control the user I meant more tell them not to do it with force?

MJ1284

Herp Derp*
I can say Derp Derp if I want to dammit!
caperevamp6_large.png

Propkid

*dancing* nerds.
Shush, you have a wife so it's game over for you already. You can go have kids n take them to/from school n buy them iphones n puppies and listen to your wife complain more and more as time passes by n see how the puppy is always happy to see you when you come back from work, unlike your wife n stuff. :D

EDIT to keep my posts relatively on topic:
IMO as we all can see by the result of the poll, mortar should stay the way it is as a weapon. I propose that we all agree on in-game punishment for TK and make history by ending a discussion successfully for the first time ever on these forums :D

Status
Not open for further replies.