Mortar Poll

Get rid of the mortar.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiPTaCk

So why has there been no statement/comment by any of the devs? Hmm do they play this game at all? Hmm..no wait LoL.

oath2link

Application-1 said:
Just a heads up you wont be able to change the user.
1) Increase the arming time
2) Make team damage/killing result minus points

Voted something else.

U can change the user. do you remember the days when you were a noob? occasionally TKing with rockets and such? same problem, on a bigger scale. i dont get pissed if a noob accidentally MAs me with a rocket and such while im close to an enemy. I realize that i was too close. people (such as outriders) tend to stand around a flag, and DONT MOVE when there is an incoming enemy. As a hof, i get pissed at them for being stupid and getting what was going to come to them. and yes, i do occasionally kill people with mortar, even when not shooting the flag. as a matter of fact, i get most of my TKs when i mortar midair an enemy. again, you are in a high risk situation, swarming around a target that is supposed to be shot at. why not jump in the middle of the road *dancing* naked while doing the macarena and expect not to get run over?

as for tking/killing resulting in minus points, this should apply to EVERY weapon.
Increase the arming time: of the slowest weapon in the game...? cause the extra half second is gonna save everyone's lives. that works against your team. after we fire 1 shot, we usually either chase, or we wait for the next guy. chasing almost never results in TKing, so slowing firing time wouldnt do anything but nerf sent chasing. as for waiting, the reload speed doesnt matter as long as it isnt 10+ seconds. so this idea is useless.

leave it the way it is, but teach people how to use it. thats where i stand.

yami

Private Tester
I like to think of myself as King Longshanks. If you have the shot to take out an enemy at your base, even if it means hurting/killing one of your own teammates, take the shot. Your teammate will respawn and be back in the fight within a max of 4 seconds, while the enemy is going to take much longer. The only exception to this would be if it's your flag carrier. Also, if you have the timing down well enough that you can drop a mortar on the stand to consistently take out or seriously damage an incoming capper, your other teammates should adjust their defensive positions to stay out of your way.

Disci

Old man
I like to think of myself as King Longshanks. If you have the shot to take out an enemy at your base, even if it means hurting/killing one of your own teammates, take the shot. Your teammate will respawn and be back in the fight within a max of 4 seconds, while the enemy is going to take much longer. The only exception to this would be if it's your flag carrier. Also, if you have the timing down well enough that you can drop a mortar on the stand to consistently take out or seriously damage an incoming capper, your other teammates should adjust their defensive positions to stay out of your way.

All this would be ok in my books if it's PUG what you're playing but most of the time it's PUB so giving people a chance to enjoy it without having own team mates shooting at them and then saying "it's your own fault when you're at the wrong place". Things like these just shows how much you respect others and only care about your own shitty rating.

Disci

Old man
Don't be hatin' the mortar, hate the ones who misuse the mortar.

There is, imo, a slight problem with mortar as it currently works as a close distance weapon and ground poundings are pretty easy since the blast radious is so big. Radius isn't an issue and it should indeed be huge as the weapon itself is a huge bringer of pain, but the damage it causes should not be so easy to deliver. Increasing arming time just slightly would make it a lot harder to use as close distance ground pound weapon(or reduce the damage/radius, which I think most in here would not be happy with). It's all about balance and slow movement of sent just doesn 't balance this weapon(mainly due the iOD). Now people are able to get easy kills while dueling and most of the sents I meet doesn't even know or care there are other weapons in the loadout. Why should they, waiting and getting damaged by plasma/rockets/chain is nothing when you can blow your dueling partner instantly into pieces when he comes back down.

The only problem I'm having with long arming time is the longer the time of the mortar the longer the time you would be able to shoot a rocket when switching to the RL or any other weapon after shooting a mortar

stefygraff

Private Tester
What was ment to be:

85052259.jpg

is a big fail... make it blow in +100 m distance and you kinda solve the problem of team killing, flag-stand spam and rage quit...

really, dose this look like its meant to be close range? *dance* no

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Aye, as it's already in contact with something as it gets "primed". The ground in this case.

Disci

Old man
well, I don't have any problem with increasing the arming time but i think it's not even close to solve TKing

Different issue really, but helps people to avoid getting mortar spammed by team mates too. Not much since you don't really expect getting *danced* up by your own team as much as enemy players.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
Tking is going happen it happens with all splash weapons... the only difference here is the weapon has larger radius.. which gives it greater odds of blowing something up. Its funny i was thinking of mentioning arming idea, but you would have to lower reload time to keep it somewhat balanced. The difference maybe will make the weapon more time to aim, but your not going to stop its awesomness.

Status
Not open for further replies.