Mortar Poll

Get rid of the mortar.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BestCharmie

There is, imo, a slight problem with mortar as it currently works as a close distance weapon and ground poundings are pretty easy since the blast radious is so big. Radius isn't an issue and it should indeed be huge as the weapon itself is a huge bringer of pain, but the damage it causes should not be so easy to deliver. Increasing arming time just slightly would make it a lot harder to use as close distance ground pound weapon(or reduce the damage/radius, which I think most in here would not be happy with). It's all about balance and slow movement of sent just doesn 't balance this weapon(mainly due the iOD). Now people are able to get easy kills while dueling and most of the sents I meet doesn't even know or care there are other weapons in the loadout. Why should they, waiting and getting damaged by plasma/rockets/chain is nothing when you can blow your dueling partner instantly into pieces when he comes back down.

I suggest the old very very long arming time back. I was good with it anyways.

Mortar is supposed to be the most powerful weapon in the game, its supposed to obliterate any one to dumb or slow to avoid it. It cant even 1 shot kill a raider at full health, its not over powered.

Sent has needed a more powerful weapon for a LONG time. Stop the bitching so the devs can get on with something important like player hosting :)

There are a lot of plain stupid suggestions here (like reduce mortar damage for own team) making me glad Im not a developer.

prometheus11

I haven't tried this with many mortar users so I can't claim to be a pro at it nor can I claim it to be a tactic that is proven to work, but... I've been using the boost grenade to block a sent from firing a mortar. The boost has a large hitbox which means any attempt at MAing will be met with a colossal combo. Granted this can backfire easiiily. But I think with enough skill 5 boosts could very easily turn the tide of a sent/outrider duel (I don't play with raider much so idk). At the very least if you aim right you can make some damage with the boost since sents can't dodge well without using overdrive.

Secondly... mortars are not hard to evade if you utilize energy properly. Don't wait until you're empty of energy to drop to the ground. For one...easy target for a mortar. Secondly...you're pretty much stuck until your energy recharges (this should be obvious). But... with the amount of time it takes for a player to realize you've touched down (especially if you stay low to the ground anyways) and the time it takes for a mortar to make impact and explode (if it explodes on impact then they are far enough away for you to have time to dodge). That being said... you can bait a sent to fire a mortar dodge it and move in to do some damage while their reload time is having issues. This tactic is probably more suited to the outrider than the raider though.

I'm seem to be rambling slightly so I'll just leave my comments at that. I think the mortar is fine how it is and we as a community simply need to learn how to defend against it.

Karnage

Private Tester
Look, the people have spoken! This was a poll and most of us voted to keep it. Discussion over. Let's move on as someone else said. They should just lock this thread.

Gravis

Yeah, here's how I see the results so far: 16 people have voted to delete it (or as the poll states, 'get rid of it') and 47 people have voted No (The "nerf" option is a no answer more or less), which doesn't include the 3 that say something else and brings the Keep it the same and/or nerf crowd altogether to 50 people. All things considered, that's about the population of active Legionnaires on-site.

Either way, this debate is going to become beaten to death if it hasn't already. So you can adapt or leave, or maybe help people learn how to use the weapon properly.

Disci

Old man
Wow, you guys really are amazing. The fact that mortar is so easy to use doesn't really bother you at all? I understand the point of view of all the gigantic ping players since mortar gives them atleast something to work with on USA and EU servers. You still can't balance the game keeping high ping players in mind.

Karnage

Private Tester
Wow, you guys really are amazing. The fact that mortar is so easy to use doesn't really bother you at all? I understand the point of view of all the gigantic ping players since mortar gives them atleast something to work with on USA and EU servers. You still can't balance the game keeping high ping players in mind.
It's easy to use clumsily, yes but to use it well takes skill e.g. being able to control loose flags without TKing, being able stop incoming cappers without TKing, being able to kill LO without TKing...etc.

Disci

Old man
It's easy to use clumsily, yes but to use it well takes skill e.g. being able to control loose flags without TKing, being able stop incoming cappers without TKing, being able to kill LO without TKing...etc.

I'm sorry but this just sounds wrong in any way possible.

RiPTaCk

Right now the mortar takes no skill to use because there is no punishment for tk. Therefore this game takes no more skill and more and more experienced, mostly former IA players are/will be quitting.

Obviously the devs don't care about/see any problem with the mortar. So lets move on.

TriX

This would be a nice thing to have if people used it right, but the people who use it most have no skill in it. I see people all the time just throw them on the ground jump out of the way and let it hit whatever it can including teammates. I know there's people who can use them skillfully but majority don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.