Mirage on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIGHT

I played 5 games of Mirage and its great! i noticed no bugs and i didnt lagg a bit to tell u the truth. id say its ready for normal servers

skypredator

There has been a change. In each base, there were two towers next to the flag stand, and you could walk in between them, and turn right/left into a narrow tunnel, and fire out of it without being hit. Only a handful of people knew about these tunnels, so it was a snipers safe haven for me. Another change I noticed, though it may just be me, is the textures inside the quadratic tunnel system located near the center of the map. The lights are now blue instead of Yellow-orange. Again, it may just be me, but the tunnels certainly were there.

Bring back forgotten
+ 1

Personally I would have brought it back before mirage, The outer areas of the map just about never got used but at least forgotten had aesthetics going for it, mirage had nothing going for it, those bases were SO ugly (something low rez looking about em). After Zenith U need a dam good effort for another desert map to cut it.

skypredator

I agree, though Mirage is a very unique map with some nice niches that allow you to accelerate fairly quickly. All of those hills, when learned, will allow you to get away from almost every chaser, given the sheer size of the map. That map is nothing but hills, and each hill, in legions, is a potential life-saver, or snipe-screw-over. It's about how you play the game that affects your views on certain maps. I, for one, am in love with Frostbyte because of the large hills. These allow me to snipe fairly easily, which is just what I like. I, for one, would've brought back BladeRun also, but the sheer size of that map and the latency issues involved with a map of that size is probably not very high on the Devs' priority list, given the lag issues we are currently dealing with. This is along the same lines of "Why we don't have 16 and 32 player servers yet". We just don't have dependable dedicated servers. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.