Mirage on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

godofgames

Found that If someone caps after the game ends, it still counts, which actually made our team win. Also, don't know if it was just me, but once, the game froze at the end, and the time went negative! :eek: Otherwise was fine, and fun.
<(''<) (>")> v( '' )v ^( '' )^

Fixious

Test Lead
This isn't Reddit. No matter how much Fixious wishes it was, it isn't.

I would of brought Blade run back first, but that's just Puppy.

+1 is common forum language. And I don't want this place to be Reddit(no idea where you got that from...).

BestCharmie

Found that If someone caps after the game ends, it still counts, which actually made our team win. Also, don't know if it was just me, but once, the game froze at the end, and the time went negative! :eek: Otherwise was fine, and fun.
<(''<) (>")> v( '' )v ^( '' )^

Time really just goes negative.

When the game ends because of time limit, scores aren't counted anymore but still make sounds. And the counter timer goes negative and another game starts on -15.00 secs.

Immanent

Can we make this available for all servers/any party size, if it already is not? Because sometimes some servers rarely fill up, but most of the people want a bigger map. :) <3 Mirage

A2

Can we make this available for all servers/any party size, if it already is not? Because sometimes some servers rarely fill up, but most of the people want a bigger map. :) <3 Mirage
This is just testing so yeah, guess when it's live it'll be added to the rotation.

godofgames

Time really just goes negative.

When the game ends because of time limit, scores aren't counted anymore but still make sounds. And the counter timer goes negative and another game starts on -15.00 secs.

No, it actually said we won. before he capped, the score was 4 to 4, then it said alpha won 5 to 4. And the timer went to like negative 40 seconds.

phanakapan

Private Tester
+ 1

Personally I would have brought it back before mirage, The outer areas of the map just about never got used but at least forgotten had aesthetics going for it, mirage had nothing going for it, those bases were SO ugly (something low rez looking about em). After Zenith U need a dam good effort for another desert map to cut it.

The outer areas of forgotten were great, but for it to be a playable map the middle absolutely cannot be one giant bowl like it is. if you flatten the middle and add a hill instead of a bump, it would actually be a pretty good map.

Hmm not sure I like the idea of the middle being flattened, the only thing that made it work for me being so big was how much ground you could cover quickly, slow it down in anyway and it would make it a drag.

Id be happy with it back the way it was really especially after another couple of games of gorge, my how Ive grown to HATE that map.

Cant wait for map voting

Application-1

test bester
I agree, though Mirage is a very unique map with some nice niches that allow you to accelerate fairly quickly. All of those hills, when learned, will allow you to get away from almost every chaser, given the sheer size of the map.
If you can use the hill a chaser can aswell that is how chasing works know your routes and if you dont know them you are not good at it.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
What's this crap I hear about reviving Forgotten? The only thing I liked about that map was the fact that you could take on a variety of side routes. Other than that, it was just a huge penis bowl for stupid 11-year olds who would DM in the very center of the map, under that stupid bridge - which btw was a waste of pixels. I'm happy Mirage is back, it's a good map with many hills for many high speed routes. Like Fireblasto, however, I'm looking forward to Blade Run more than anything else.

skypredator

Don't talk about Forgotten that way. Must I remind you that it was a snipers haven, and chasing on that map was just a little too easy? Would you rather have Quarry? Because, using the wording you used, Quarry is a "Huge stick bowl for 11-year-old DMers in the pits of the map. I'd honestly rather have Forgotten back than Quarry. ;)

Karnage

Private Tester
Personally I am tired of all these defence-unfriendly maps. At least with Forgotten the defence had a fighting chance. Mirage makes it almost impossible for a heavy with little to no visibility because of all the towers around the base and not to mention how convenient it is for the LO. Blade Run is also good for defence and capping. It has great, high speed routes and yet the defence can also counter because there is visibility and time to react. I say bring back Blade Run!

MJ1284

Mirage and Blade Run are only two maps currently missing that I'd like to see in L:O, for me these news are good.

Now if only they'd take new approach on map designing for upcoming levels (there will be more right?). Forgotten deserves to be literally forgotten and Quarry is... well it's Quarry.

I'd still vote for bringing Tribes maps like DangerousCrossing and StoneHenge to Legions (with some alternations of course) and heck, maybe even Rollercoaster (somehow I really like that map).

Propkid

Bring back any other map: Blade Run, Forgotten or Quarry. <- All my favourites are still not in the game ;/
IMO Quarry deserves testing. There are helluva capping routes in it already and there could be more if the bases were edited slightly. Defence was great as the snipers had possibly the greatest visibility from the flagstand area out of all the maps. Chase was pretty efficient too. Don't see why do people hate this map so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.