Mirage on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Bring back any other map: Blade Run, Forgotten or Quarry. <- All my favourites are still not in the game ;/
IMO Quarry deserves testing. There are helluva capping routes in it already and there could be more if the bases were edited slightly. Defence was great as the snipers had possibly the greatest visibility from the flagstand area out of all the maps. Chase was pretty efficient too. Don't see why do people hate this map so much...

Osniping, Rabbiting, llamaing. Lack of brightness as well.

Propkid

Osniping, Rabbiting, llamaing. Lack of brightness as well.
>:] my options for a counter are:
  1. Happens everywhere, happens everywhere, happens everywhere. Fix the angle from which you are looking at the screen.
  2. Not in a PUG, not in a PUG, not in a PUG. Get over the darkness.
  3. Slight edits to the map, slight edit to the map, get over it really. Less brightness= more fun with the currently limited IFF (w/e its called).
  4. Countersnipe, fall damage on Quarry is large, honestly llamaing is way harder on quarry than e.g. on blade run/ nivosus. Use the darkness to hide from osnipers (ha see what I did there? :D)

Propkid

Um, the map always has to be playable in a public for it to be successful.
Could be released for PUGs only. And Quarry is really fun in PUBs :D Sometimes playing on makes rabbitting/ chasing the rabbit seem as if it's the point of the game. Real fun :D

Could be released for PUGs only. And Quarry is really fun in PUBs :D Sometimes playing on makes rabbitting/ chasing the rabbit seem as if it's the point of the game. Real fun :D
Could be released for PUGs only? I don't think that's gone work. What's the use of making a map that's only played by a selected group of people in such a small community?

Dimitryy

quarry was too dark, respawn places far far away from the flag-stand, bad hills in the middle --> no good frontroutes (or only 2-3 on each side)
also the bases are too high, its hard to HoF (if you fall down the base you cant get back up fast .. only with some ODs so it kills you and you have to respawn --->1000m away from the flag wohoo ...) and teams in pubs were just a bit more unblanced then at every other map. i never played a good game on quarry ...

i would prefer to get blade run back at next

but first: thanks to the devs to bring mirage back :)

the next map needed is a new small map in the league of frost. If there are not enuf on the server you play the same 3 maps forever, its been this way for how many years now? Ive played those maps so many times in the same order over and over and OVER it does my head in.

a NEW SMALL MAP should be the top priority (as far as bringing maps to legions) and in the mean time put core into the small map rotation or something.

PuppyGuard

I heard Outlawl and 451 talking on TS3 about making a really cool map with two holes and a big hill. Sounds fantastic.

----------------------
They were sarcastic though.

Karnage

Private Tester
Agree with Jedics that the small maps need another map. Also, for some reason the big map rotation seems to favour Gorge which is fast becoming the least popular map. If we could have more Core and Zenith that would be great.

skypredator

also cal and I noticed the foggy-ness got vamped up...i like it and ty for the release! no problems for me so far

I found a way to take the fog off. I don't know if that would be considered an advantage or not. If so, I hope the Devs can do something about it.

BestCharmie

Well I'd vote for Quarry and Forgotten.

Quarry
-I liked the awesomeness of the lights on the bridges. Me and my pals used to have all fun in this map. Making it rain 10 clusters was fun :(.

Forgotten
-I like the awesomeness of the uberly fast speed gainage (not a word) upon jet downing.

I wish i could join in on this test :(
pity the internet connection i currently have is so unreliable. (what happens when you get several thousand students all having their internet routed through ONE ancient switchboard.

Well done devs anyway.

57thRomance

I think the purpose of making Gorge was to replace Quarry. Just look at how similar its terrain in the middle is to its predecessor. Basically you have two hard-to-traverse valleys surrounding a hill with big structures that harbor snipers galore. The only major differences between the maps are the size, which did improve; the design of the bases, although even the slopes in the back of the bases haven't changed; and the lighting, which was troublesome for quite a few players in the case of Quarry. For those of you hopeful snipers and cappers looking forward to Quarry's return, don't expect it to happen without some careful editing.

On topic regarding Mirage: I really like the idea of giving this map a second chance. There are some pretty clever cap routes most people don't see. I have one question about the public test option, though. My HUD and rets went to default when I selected this option, and I'd like to know if there's a new directory for me to change the files so I can have my custom settings apply for when I go into public testing.

skypredator

That stinks, Max. Try closing all other windows running in the background before you begin Legions, like AIM, other I.E. browsers, and menus. Basically any other application besides your firewall. And yes, Romance, there is. It is called "Live Test", and it should be located on your desktop.

xzzxxz

Eqwwwwwwww what happened to the color of the arches, and the tunnels in the base? Other than that it's fine :confused: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.