Memorial Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniNept

Actionaut
Dacil said:
THE FRUSTRATION-LADEN LAUGH I TYPE WHEN I'VE NOTHING OF NOTE TO SAY
Were it an honest celebration of life, tempered with an understanding of what was truly lost? No.

However, your celebration is cheapened with nationalism, and a refusal to consider victims other than those associated with your country. Do you even understand that the wars themselves were atrocious?

Such celebrations serve only to perpetuate this plastic patriotism of yours, as they do for every other unthinking citizen - regardless of country. In the end, an ignorant populace only encourages political rhetoric and fear-mongering, and, as a result, conflict.

Anyway, will be back shortly - have to step out.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
fighting.gif

The people who were drafted had no choice. Everyone is responsible for their actions, but those who were forced into wars due to circumstance or the draft had to act in the situation they were put in.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Were it an honest celebration of life, tempered with an understanding of what was truly lost? No.

However, your celebration is cheapened with nationalism, and a refusal to consider victims other than those associated with your country. Do you even understand that the wars themselves were atrocious?

Such celebrations serve only to perpetuate this plastic patriotism of yours, as they do for every other unthinking citizen - regardless of country. In the end, an ignorant populace only encourages political rhetoric and fear-mongering, and, as a result, conflict.

Anyway, will be back shortly - have to step out.
Nept, while I completely agree with you (War has always been atrocious), the men and women who serve and protect pay the ultimate sacrifice for their country, and thus, deserve respect, regardless of the war they fought in. One of my teachers fought in Vietnam, and he truly is a living testament to someone who is brave and honorable. The fallen, now without a voice, deserve to be commended and remembered for their actions. It's easy to pick and choose examples of brutality/atrocities and forget the military as a whole.

Sin

Private Tester
Guess I can't make a simple thread for remembering American heroes on one of our American holidays. You can say what you will, but I'm respecting them, not fighting over whether it's right or not. The way you people fight like cats and dogs, may as well go step on a few graves.

Status
Not open for further replies.