Memorial Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin

Private Tester
Well, it's Memorial Day. If you would, just take a moment of respect for our fallen heroes who have defended our great country.

Severance

Private Tester
offense is the best defense

edit; figure i should edit this. hats off to those dead and wounded. Thought I don't agree with the causes.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
offense is the best defense

edit; figure i should edit this. hats off to those dead and wounded. Thought I don't agree with the causes.
Regardless of what you agree with, the men and women to serve and protect are undoubtedly one of the most brave people in the world.
Thank you :D

Sin

Private Tester
This thread is NOT going to turn into a battle over the Iraq war. I'm not talking the ones died just recently, I'm talking all.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
This thread is NOT going to turn into a battle over the Iraq war. I'm not talking the ones died just recently, I'm talking all.
Yeah, let's talk about those who "defended your great country". ;)

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Well, nationalism is silly, but have fun remembering. Who'd I be to judge the awesome mericans! ;)

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Do you honor all soldiers? Or do you differentiate between nations? ;) War sucks, people die. Doesn't matter where they're from.

Also, a prime example for some nice nationalism (and some other things): "We did indeed fight for our freedom, but if I remember correctly Germany started the world wars?"

But like I already said, have fun remembering.

Dacil

Do you honor all soldiers? Or do you differentiate between nations? ;) War sucks, people die. Doesn't matter where they're from.

Also, a prime example for some nice nationalism (and some other things): "We did indeed fight for our freedom, but if I remember correctly Germany started the world wars?"

can you please just shut up and get out of our American Holiday thread? there is no need for debate. thank you. anyways,

"I thank God for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly
Let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
The ones that give their lives so we
Dont have to sacrifice
All the things we love."

Armageddon

Teapot

You need to post more Gheist, i love it so.

Dacil

^ of course the moderator keeps an off topic post because he likes it....HAHA I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY..... not.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
can you please just shut up and get out of our American Holiday thread? there is no need for debate. [...]
Funnily enough, people died so that idiots like me are able to debate controversial stuff like this. And controversial it is indeed. Grow a pair.

There's lots to talk and think about holidays like this one, no matter if said holiday is celebrated in the US or elsewhere. If you don't want to talk about it, don't post about it in an international gaming forum that's labelled "other discussion". ;)

Heartsong

I'd suggest everyone read Twain's War Prayer: http://warprayer.org/

More on topic: for my family, Memorial Day is more about remembering dead family members than soldiers.

I can only assume that this means that we're pinko commie liberal fascist nazis.
Like Gheist.

Status
Not open for further replies.