Legions release campaign: MJ needs your help!

A2

That was just the title, Havoc. Others are free to use it in any legions video they want to make.
Edit:
Btw, I just want to know, from you guys, what color gradient would be better, blue-ish-black, or reddish-black?

MJ1284

I'd say they both fit, really depends on footage itself. Red looks good on combat intense clips whereas blue fits slower paced videos (just my 2 cents), I'd like to see both.
Is it possible to ask multi-gradient coloring?
For example: dark background, white text, yellow-ish lines around each letter + red-ish lines around yellow-ish lines (in english: make letters look like they're emitting "flames").

Daphinicus

Private Tester
A2, speed that puppy up to just under doubletime, and it'll be a great bookend to ANY video.

I'd also add a slight rebound on the logo's entrance... at the moment, it smacks into a wall and stops short; giving it some bounce back would add some nice weight.

My two cents. It's pretty smashing, no doubt about it!

snob

The trailer for warsow 0.5 that disci posted, was done with a full fledge functioning demo system with footage from beta 0.5 builds. Legions doesn't even have the feature to record and playback POV demo's, let alone the demo smoothing, camera angles, ability to alter the FPS at which footage is recorded from demos, ability to jump between game ticks in demos etc.

Until these features are implemented and we have public access to them, doing advertising with just fraps footage would seem like a is a really poor way of giving exposure to the game.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Until these features are implemented and we have public access to them, doing advertising with just fraps footage would seem like a is a really poor way of giving exposure to the game.

How so? Even though a demo system would be great, they take time and effort implementing them (The game that you are comparing it to is built on the quake engine, and thus already had a demo system built in) Though I swear Mabel said that he would like a demo system. Plenty of games which don't have a demo system produced very nice looking trailers. I think that you are just understating Fraps completely.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
The fluidity of a Fraps video is approximately proportional to the strength of the system the video is being recorded on. Fraps eats up CPU cycles like a fat guy in a waffle factory; some systems just won't be able to handle it without significant (and we're talking SIGNIFICANT) chug.

The benefits of a demo system are unquestionable -- being able to play back the content of a match, reviewing it from any angle and being able to shoot and re-shoot angles would be epic! And the benefits would go well beyond cinematography; you'd be able to review the strategies and cap routes of players and teams that shooped you, and learn from your mistakes.

But, I'm sure Mabel has more pressing things to work on in the short-term. So, what can we do in the meantime? Grab a bunch of cooperative community members, head into a server, and choreograph some shots. Treat it like a movie shoot: you pick your camera angles, set up the shots, and then have your players "act" out the scenes you've storyboarded fifty times until you get EXACTLY the right framing you were looking for. Will it take forever? Most definitely.

But it's possible.

Disci

Old man
Reason why I posted that vid just to show what kind of vid it should be. It has some skill shots, it has movement, it has dueling without anything special and it also have some different weapons in it. Overall cutting the clips just reminds you what the game is like - fast paced action with quick reflexes and precise aim.

MJ1284

I finally got off the couch and did the 4th one. I'd like to point out that the song I used isn't exactly the one I wanted to use, but it's the closest I could find (ie. didn't like that female voice at start) because YouTube Downloader simply refused to convert .flv to .mp3 when it came to that one specific video... ah well.
Ending also needs some tweaking, I'm happy with the texts (everybody remember to thank A2) but I could have used different clip at the end.

Otherwise, it turned out fairly good. Had a mixture of everything seen in previous videos, little map flyover followed by flag passes, and I threw in couple MA shots just to spice it up a bit. Enjoy!

IzSid

Honored Hero
Last one was great, definitely the best out of all of them. Great use of the animations created by A2. One or two things could be changed but I'll flesh out the minor details later, busy atm.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Okay, a few thoughts. The beginning for the fourth one is amazing, the title was excellent. Good use of the third-person shots, I think the music for the fourth one doesn't quite get the feeling across. I like the concept of something calm and quickly going into something that is more driven and exciting than what trance really has to offer, though some electronica does go there. Music, in my opinion is as important as the footage for convincing potential players how badass the game is.

MJ1284

Okay, a few thoughts. The beginning for the fourth one is amazing, the title was excellent. Good use of the third-person shots, I think the music for the fourth one doesn't quite get the feeling across. I like the concept of something calm and quickly going into something that is more driven and exciting than what trance really has to offer, though some electronica does go there. Music, in my opinion is as important as the footage for convincing potential players how badass the game is.

Like this?

Eh, too melodramatic even for my taste.. and that's saying something :p

I made a separate poll thread for trailer concepts, thank you all for sharing your opinions about each of them, I'd appreciate it if we could keep further discussion in this thread:
http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/trailer-concept-cast-your-votes.424/

You can still discuss about YOUR OWN TRAILERS (in case anybody else is willing to give it a shot) and concept art/animated introduction texts here. You can also hand out music suggestions to other people's trailers, and of course you can discuss about the whole review thingie I mentioned in OP. That's about it, I've nothing more to say and I won't be harrassing people with trailer concepts anytime soon :)