Legions capping, skill and other videos

MJ1284

Hai guys! I'm total n00b, but I just luv dis game so much I wanted to show my support by making a montage. Plz don't be too rough, this is my first vid evah (it's even shittier than apolye666's super awzum vid!!11!):

[/sarcasm] <- In case you grumpy old farts though I'm eeny meeny troll (again).
Why am I reposting this? Because front page list hasn't been updated in years.

MJ1284

.. pretty good, I admit.

One minor gripe: I don't think the music matches what's going on the screen, songs like these work better for flashier editing. It's definitely a good thing you didn't go with "Imma giev you seizures with mah lazors!!1" special effect rave party, but SOME effects (that matches the music) would have considerably improved the presentation. Sometimes less is more but none does not equal most, if you know what I mean.

Just to give you an example (I know these aren't Legions videos, but hey-ho), here's two of my T:A videos that have minimal effects in them. Notice how different my music picks are compared to yours despite having very similar editing style:

I'm not trying to be obnoxious "I'm better than ya!", I merely want you to compare these to your video and consider how they differ from one another. Which video has best presentation, I'll leave that to everyone for themselves to decide.

And no, I'm not forcing everyone to watch T:A videos. If you don't like T:A don't bother checking either of those videos.

Vox

.. pretty good, I admit.

One minor gripe: I don't think the music matches what's going on the screen, songs like these work better for flashier editing. It's definitely a good thing you didn't go with "Imma giev you seizures with mah lazors!!1" special effect rave party, but SOME effects (that matches the music) would have considerably improved the presentation. Sometimes less is more but none does not equal most, if you know what I mean.

Just to give you an example (I know these aren't Legions videos, but hey-ho), here's two of my T:A videos that have minimal effects in them. Notice how different my music picks are compared to yours despite having very similar editing style:

I'm not trying to be obnoxious "I'm better than ya!", I merely want you to compare these to your video and consider how they differ from one another. Which video has best presentation, I'll leave that to everyone for themselves to decide.

And no, I'm not forcing everyone to watch T:A videos. If you don't like T:A don't bother checking either of those videos.

Thanks for the feedback.
I will say however, yes the music isn't the best for simple sync editing, however it was more of a personal preference choice. I know most songs used in editing nowadays are either a bunch of harsh noise with seizure like effects(aka dubstep and mostly used in shitty cod clips that little kids jizz their pants over) and then there's the drum and bass type of music with random ass lyrics that are thrown in or sometimes none at all. The 1st song I chose had a little bit of electronic in it but mainly heavy guitar playing which I enjoy more then dubstep and drum and bass. The second song I chose because it went well with the faster clips I had. I could've added some more effects overall, but the last time I did that (since I don't have much experience with adding effects) the turnout wasn't the best.

Royalty

The Aussie
I'd like to get a flagpass vid started. Depends on who has the balls (or stupidity) to join my server in 200+ ping just to pass flags to me...
The feedback from my last one with Wetflame has given me some ideas...