How to mitigate llamaing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

If you want to troll, go back to T:V! ;)
I never played. And that's not a troll. Home D is absurdly easy if you're decent at it. Plus, most PU teams stack their home strength at the expense of offense (and lo). Once people (ie, chasers and home d) figure out how to disc the stand, offense won't be able to get the flag past midfield.

imo, the mix of standtypes (Sidewinder, rollercoaster, raindance, dangerous crossing, iceridge, and stonehenge) was the best. On some maps, if you knew the map like the back of your hand, you had a tremendous advantage (e.g. rc, sidewinder), whereas others like dangerouscrossing and stonehenge, it's an actual skill to come up with llama grabs and necessary to run front routes; this allows for variation between required timing to make a grab (e.g. rd), versus lots of grabs to make 1 home (sh), though obv. the team that coordinates will win.

I do agree though that somehow, the maps should be designed so it isn't a viable tactic to run 4 cappers on frontroutes and not need lo.

w00tyou

If a base was in a bowl, that would stop llamas, or make is harder for them to get out, requiring them to throw it to incoming cappers.

Vox

how about we put a no llama barrier on the flag unless the enemy flag carrier is at a certain distance from the flag

MJ1284

If a base was in a bowl, that would stop llamas, or make is harder for them to get out, requiring them to throw it to incoming cappers.

See folks? This here is simple & effective solution! Instead of allocating flagstand NEXT to bowl, place it IN MIDDLE OF bowl.

what about simply not allowing llamas unless your teams flag is not present?

that would reduce the amount of them by a fair bit at least

Disci

Old man
I call a lock since most obivious solution has been already posted countess times. Rest of the discussion is just futile twaddling where the problem seems to be somewhere else than in the way teams are playing their game. :rolleyes:

People should realise that you wouldn't cap much if you don't have cappers. Your team wouldn't catch any cappers if you don't have chasers. Same thing here, your team wouldn't be able to stop llamas if you don't have a STAY D. Simple as that and now go and fill that position!

Status
Not open for further replies.