Global community movie

Binswees

Most frag movies do not have a plot or a story, but instead it shows highlights of the actual gameplay, such as nice midairs, extreme caps, sexy passes, wicked multi kills etc etc. Most frag movies includes an intro, a main part and an outro. The intro is a presentation of the movie, where you tell the viewers abit short who has made the movie, who or what it features, what game it is, and ofcourse the title of the movie. The main part is where the juicy stuff comes in, that's where all the frags and other actions are showen, if it's a global movie, meaning there are a lot of different clips from different players, a "PlayerBar" (shows the name of the player of the current clip) is a most. Then finally in the outro you give the viewers some deeper info about the movie, like who was in it, all the songs, what softwares that were used, who you would like to give an extra thanks too, etc etc.

So the community's part in this project would be to record all matches you play, and then send me the demos that contains sexy and unusual events. I won't accept PUB footage tho, since I don't think owning some noobs with lazy gameplay shows much skill, but Clan matches, Scrims and even PUG footage are welcome.

Hope this cleared up a few questions. :p I will make a new thread when it's time to start the project!

Vox

Most frag movies do not have a plot or a story, but instead it shows highlights of the actual gameplay, such as nice midairs, extreme caps, sexy passes, wicked multi kills etc etc. Most frag movies includes an intro, a main part and an outro. The intro is a presentation of the movie, where you tell the viewers abit short who has made the movie, who or what it features, what game it is, and ofcourse the title of the movie. The main part is where the juicy stuff comes in, that's where all the frags and other actions are showen, if it's a global movie, meaning there are a lot of different clips from different players, a "PlayerBar" (shows the name of the player of the current clip) is a most. Then finally in the outro you give the viewers some deeper info about the movie, like who was in it, all the songs, what softwares that were used, who you would like to give an extra thanks too, etc etc.

So the community's part in this project would be to record all matches you play, and then send me the demos that contains sexy and unusual events. I won't accept PUB footage tho, since I don't think owning some noobs with lazy gameplay shows much skill, but Clan matches, Scrims and even PUG footage are welcome.

Hope this cleared up a few questions. :p I will make a new thread when it's time to start the project!

but what if some pub recordings consist of owning players who are not noobs? :D

Binswees

Well, I guess it depends on how serious you are all playing, in a pub most ppl just f*ck around and chill, some are even afk, and there are always some noobs in them, and if any of that is caught during the time u own that 1 or 2 good players, the whole clip will look "meh". And also, maybe that "not noob player" wasn't really trying so hard since it was just a pub.

I basicly want demos from games where everyone is trying and everyone knows how to play. That will make the whole overal clip better, and the player doing the frag will have to work a lot harder to get it, most likely resulting in showing more skill.

It's hard to explain really.

Vox

Well, I guess it depends on how serious you are all playing, in a pub most ppl just f*ck around and chill, some are even afk, and there are always some noobs in them, and if any of that is caught during the time u own that 1 or 2 good players, the whole clip will look "meh". And also, maybe that "not noob player" wasn't really trying so hard since it was just a pub.

I basicly want demos from games where everyone is trying and everyone knows how to play. That will make the whole overal clip better, and the player doing the frag will have to work a lot harder to get it, most likely resulting in showing more skill.

It's hard to explain really.

i get what your saying. i got a shot the other day of a decent chase midair on someone who was trying and not *dancing* around. also getting long range midairs in this game is not as easy as in T:V lol

Binswees

well, it depends, the scale is really different in this game, i probably get atleast 1 200+ meter ma every day in legions, I did not in t:v... but a 200 meter in this game isn't as impressive as it is in t:v

Binswees

No, it's not about the text popup.. but thanks for taking your time guessing.

as I said, i get a 200m ma atleast once a day in legions, and a 200m ma in legions isn't really wicked sick, it feels rather short tbh, and it has something to do with the weird scale. A 200m ma in t:v feels way longer and occurs max once a week with some luck.

Binswees

I had the retarded pop up messages removed on my server, on my server it only said "You midaire disced name". So still, no its not about text.

The velocity, well maybe, but on my server the disc speed was about 60% faster, so still idk, and as I said, it just feels so much short in legions to do a 200m ma, and it is because of the weird scale.

Vox

I had the retarded pop up messages removed on my server, on my server it only said "You midaire disced name". So still, no its not about text.

The velocity, well maybe, but on my server the disc speed was about 60% faster, so still idk, and as I said, it just feels so much short in legions to do a 200m ma, and it is because of the weird scale.

your shazbot server is really good. also i used to get like 1 eat disc a weekend when i could play

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Good luck with the movie!
I'm currently in the middle of editing a legions movie myself, with all the footage from in7 players.
It's almost impossible catering to the different ways all the clips have been recorded, all the different huds and framerates. So I'd agree it would be best to wait for a demo system. There are even a few clips where the sky was missing (prefs.cs changes) and I'm having to fraps the same movement, and super-impose a sky over the first clip - it's annoying. When the time comes around I'll be sure to supply you with some clips, as long as I'm not working on my own project. ;)

Binswees

I would love working together with someone. I've never done a bigger project with more ppl than myself, but lets try it! :)

hello, i'm happy and eager to help.. Photoshop is the main thing i can offer, aside from having fraps and some clips etc. um.. maybe organizing and cutting clips together? i know how to use final cut express well, so maybe i could help there.. whatever yah need! epic title screen? unified rets/ weapon styles for all players? little green text that says ZOMG U GOTA MIDAIR LOLOLOLOLOLO?

Disci

Old man
I heard somewhere that they might not start this project untill a proper recording system is implemented. Might be a rumour.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
When the time comes around I'd love to help. Been using after effects for a couple o' years now - editing only leejunz and some live action stuff. Also been using 3d programs for a bit longer, trying to add some animation of a legions player to my current movie...

skypredator

Why not start now? I mean, we've got fraps, Hypercam, WavePad Sound Editor (I has), Gimp, Photoshop, and Paint.net. <-- All the tools needed to make a video. How do you think you guys have made your own little indy videos before? Same principle, if y'ask me. :D

Nvidia

Why not start now? I mean, we've got fraps, Hypercam, WavePad Sound Editor (I has), Gimp, Photoshop, and Paint.net. <-- All the tools needed to make a video. How do you think you guys have made your own little indy videos before? Same principle, if y'ask me. :D
We should wait untill it's possible to record demos. Than we won't have laggs and we will have a much much much better quality!

skypredator

Gotcha. Silly me. But Hypercam gives me no lag at all. Er-hum, maybe I could compose some intro muzak while we're waiting? WPSE is some pretty epic software. So is GarageBand. *hint, hint*

Disci

Old man
Recording demos makes it possible to make the video have custom skins etc in it and no matter who recorded that clip it's up to vid maker what he wants those skins to be and use them in the vid. Now everyone has different kind of configs so resolutions, skins etc vary a lot. That's not good for a quality movie.

Binswees

Yeah without demos I will have so little control over the outcome of the movie. If this is gonna be done I most have control over, resolution, fps, gameplay speed, any kind of skins, HUDS, and if the dev team can fix the free camera feature, then I can make some real nasty stuff. :p

Anyone who wanna help me in this should hit me up on IRC, I will try idle as much as I can on legions.eu.

So far trooper will most likely help me.