Game Modes

Which gametype would you like to see next in Legions: Overdrive?

• Deathmatch

Votes: 65 23.4%
  • Team Deathmatch

Votes: 106 38.1%
  • Hunters

Votes: 53 19.1%
  • Rabbit

Votes: 99 35.6%
  • Arena

Votes: 123 44.2%
  • Other (Please describe)

Votes: 28 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda5891

I want a game mode where you race other plays from point A to point B. No purpose just going as fast as you can and letting everyone else know you can go fast.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
quite recently, why?

Splash damage got nerfed a ton. Falloff is now exponential rather than linear, so you'll still do nice damage if you MA or get close, but beyond a fairly tight ring, you won't really do much damage at all.

Darklord

Private Tester
Not entirely true; it is a more natural falloff, and shots that used to baaaaaaarely hit them were doing significant damage. The overall splash radius has been increased to compensate for the more normal damage falloff.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Oh.

I could have sworn I heard you guys saying it got switched from linear to exponential falloff. Wow, don't I feel foolish.

I still reserve the right to yell at Mabel every time I see him over the fact that I can't ground pound anymore without wasting all my rockets on a single target. =)

Darklord

Private Tester
No, no, it did change how falloff is calculated to inverse square instead of linear. 'normal' falloff is inverse square, I should have mentioned that :p

RiPTaCk

Not entirely true; it is a more natural falloff, and shots that used to baaaaaaarely hit them were doing significant damage. The overall splash radius has been increased to compensate for the more normal damage falloff.
Doesn't this affect rocket jumps too?

Darklord

Private Tester
I'm pretty sure impulse applied for knockback is calculated separately, and I don't know if it was changed to a different calculation method offhand.

RJ's were changed though, so if you notice a difference, it is there; you get more speed when you are low speed, a bit less when you are high speed. It helps (ever so slightly) with the chasing problem.

Redvan

Private Tester
either way, I do like the new splash damage values. It's good for L:O as a whole.

The no splash mod I was talking about a few posts ago is more meant for a practice server. Essentially just an option the server admin can click to turn splash on/off.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
I hate Rabbit. I never found it to have any significant strategy; it's just focused deathmatch, except I can only shoot at one person to get points -- nobody else matters. I love TDM, and I love dueling, but having to run around after someone and get frustrated because as soon as I kill them, someone else swoops in from just outside my LoS and snaps the flag up...

Grumble grumble old man grumble.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
WHAT!? Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch got removed? Why?

They haven't been available yet for Legions: Overdrive, and if you haven't noticed this by now, perhaps Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch aren't as important to you as you thought! Hohohohoho! :p

Also, for the Legions: Overdrive launch, we focused primarily on the bare essentials and most popular gametype (CTF). No worries, we'll be adding more and more content!

chrisc44890

Well i was just thinking, if any have you have heard of, seen, or played The Hidden: Source, maybe make a mode like that where there is one invisible player and the other players must seek and kill him, then randomize who the next one is. And off-topic, when will the voice menu come back?

Siantlark

Sort of like the Juggernaut Idea that mysteriously disappeared from this thread. I think. Invisible people wouldn't really work in Legions though because the guy can just run around the map and not have anyone see him at all.

Unless you do some sort of blur thing when he goes fast I can't see that mode working.

legions

ye but wat if he justs stands in his hideing spot or r u saying that they should be visible but not completely visbleso like its blury even if they stand still

chrisc44890

ye but wat if he justs stands in his hideing spot or r u saying that they should be visible but not completely visbleso like its blury even if they stand still

yeah kinda like that, or like if we look really close we could see his shadow, either way when he shoots we should kind of get an idea of where he is/where he's going

Status
Not open for further replies.