Core. If you could change anything about it...

Esuke-L

Personally liked Core how it was..
If anything..,maybe a few random buildings/structure around the map..It was a big map so without some variety out there it did look quite barren. I thought the flow was fine..great for improvisation, it's a speed run, long distance flying map i'd say (in terms of actually speeding around, not capping times)..have to just practice routes.

It was changed a bunch anyway, the flagstand point was on an annoyingly awkward hill before, lava was intro'd adding a whole new (not so challenging) challenge to the game etc..

Hills are what make legions great, hills plus the skiing (downjets ftw) equals Woooooo. Fact.

Colour could be sorted by individuals, though if people are gonna complain without attempting to rectify the problem themselves, darken or lighten it or make it some kinda space lava in some next colour <.< I never changed the colour settings, found it fun and made me a better spotter. If you want high visibility, go to nivo or um..uh...oh frick..omg I forgot the name of the other snow map O.O

*leaves thread hurredly*

Homingun

I actually liked the terrain and textures of Core. The craters and red lava veins seemed to fit in really well with the setting.

The main issue I had with the map was that it sometimes made it really hard to see the enemy flag. I think this was because the black and red contrast of map conflicted with the red indicator of the flag. The enemy flag being a thin red/black pole didn't help either.

Another thing I didn't like about the map was how the bases restricted flag grabs from coming from certain directions. In Core, the base was made in such a way that fast grabs either had to come directly from the left or right of the base. Grabs could be made from other directions, but they were commonly not very fast and there was always a of chance of glancing off the poles that held the flag stand or stubbing a toe on the lip of something.

I have always liked open flag stands (like in zenith) compared to the restricted flag stands (like in frostbyte). I think that setting up unnecessary structures around the flag stand makes it more prone to OD grabbing and makes hitting flags with cap routes harder than it needs to be.

As other people said earlier, I do think some buildings need to be added as focal points around the map. I also think that the map needs a bit of smoothing out. It's really hard to see with the black texture but there are many spots where the terrain is really jagged and unskiable.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Core is a nice map, but i remember the old Core, it was an interesting design, i would like to see it again

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
i find that the colour was the biggest issue for core - it was so dark!
i do think that the valley in the middle could do with a bit more work to make it more prominent in the design of the map.
also i think that the map could do with some (wide) tunnels , maybe along the sides of the valley? but definitely something similar to what there was in mirage: a high speed route with a high risk if caught by another player.

Shanks

Private Tester
chasing was nearly impossible on it. Fix. Keep in mind that improving chasing hills also means improving llama hills.

I

IzRaPiDz

I love this map and also i liked the hug hole in the middle of the map, also if we had that back could it be filled with lava?

57thRomance

Some ideas I like/advocate:
More lava
Make enemy flag more visible
Fix up the terrain. It didn't seem like much thought was put into it, although I could map out a few cap routes for each side.
Shorten the launch tracks on each side of the bases. They made capping a lot more challenging (not sure if that's good or not) due to the tight spots players would have to slide through in order to make a side cap.
Raise the ditches under the flag stands. There's such little space for the flag stand and the defenders, and the ditch under the platform is so low, so if the HoF falls down, it takes him/her a lot of energy just to get back up. Because of this design, defending the flag has always been an arduous task (again, not sure if the challenge is positive or negative).

Propkid

The spiky things in the valley at the middle were buggy. Sometimes when you bumped into them they shot you out in a random direction instead of stopping you. One of my friends also got stuck inside one of them too ;D

Besides that some towers would do... and possibly an underground passage in the sidehills of they valley ;D

Also could you make a little smaller since it's about twice the size of Bladerun and VERY VERY easy to rabbit in.

Also change the red, my eyes can't stand it.

eldermimmmi

I think core and frost are the best maps in legions. only thing that is bad about core was the red colour. it hurts my eyes :p

Buhlitz

Also could you make a little smaller since it's about twice the size of Bladerun and VERY VERY easy to rabbit in.

Also change the red, my eyes can't stand it.

This is false, it is not twice the size of blade run, however making it a tad smaller was something I planned on doing.

The red is also something I'm working on, and shanks, the dynamic of capping vs chasing is so hard to properly balance, but I'll try :)

LindN

I think the hills in front of the bases should be lowered a bit, but thats my opinion, as its OK for an entrance, but you launch so high up some times by the time you hit the flag your dead due to the time defenders have to pin point your land
those are there to prevent just that type of capping and promote proper routes, or amiwrong?

if it was made to prevent it it doesnt do a good job either way as it still happens. im just sayin those hills are ridiculously huge >.>

And i stick to my first comment. Make it neon-green.

LindN

if it was made to prevent it it doesnt do a good job either way as it still happens. im just sayin those hills are ridiculously huge >.>

And i stick to my first comment. Make it neon-green.
that response makes no sense.

why don't they do their job good?

Vinzyboy23

I agree, with the colour issues, make it bright orange to fit the volcanic landscape and add more burning rocks to the landscape, and MOAR lava!