Core. If you could change anything about it...

NeoNugget

I think there should be more high quality textures, some parts of this map are very stretchy like the outskirts, which is why I agree with buhlitz that we should shorten up the map. Figure skating cant work without smooth ice (Epic Quote by an Epic R-tard) -NeoNugget. Otherwise the inner parts of this map are very well detailed.

Make the outer region smaller. It's rabbit-land out there.

And make lava streams in other places, and also make it do a hefty DoT instead of instant kill.

NeoSoul

The main base building- improvise with it, make it cleaner and smoother- theres lots of little holes and shimmers to be done with there

Buhlitz

If I do make any changes to it, there probably won't be any major changes to the architecture as I honestly am not very good at modeling.

Proposed Changes -

- Lower the flag so it makes it easier to defend as a HOF
-Alter the terrain on the outer areas
-More Lava
-Less red / Different Colors/Textures.
-Make the map play area significantly smaller
- New Skybox

That seems to be the gist of what I get out of this thread so far. And to whoever mentioned a higher quality of textures, thats more of a engine limitation than anything else, not much I can do there.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
sounds about right.

I did like the little hidey holes at each end of the lava under those reload buildings so you'd better keep them in or add more "secret spots" :D

also, buhlitz are you planning on finishing those maps you had for overdrive? they were awesome :D
actually, did you get EVERYTHING (beta, alpha stuff) that was part of legions or just the working bits?

MJ1284

"Core.If you could change anything about it..."

... I'd probably nuke it to oblivion and play good maps instead :D

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I saw your green version of it once and think that was quite the improvement.. I like the idea to shrink it also.

Mhi200

- Lower the flag so it makes it easier to defend as a HOF
Sounds good.

-Alter the terrain on the outer areas
Anything to make it more interesting.

-More Lava
*apathy*

-Less red / Different Colors/Textures.
*apathy*

-Make the map play area significantly smaller
I wouldn't say significantly. I didn't venture out from the middle area often, but I don't think it needs to be too much smaller as long as "-Alter the terrain on the outer areas" happens.

- New Skybox
What?

anak

VIP
the color is fine - since the cap routes are a little shaky the amount of cover the color scheme gives is helpful.
i disliked how impossible it was for hof's to get up out of the bowl beneath their flagstand. it was pretty hard for anyone, really... although i don't know how that could be fixed.

Mhi200

Well, when I played core it was usually not a full room, more often 4v4 or so, so I would often instant OD up and be able to heal before the next capper came in. Still, lowering would help.

OmniNept

Actionaut
If you're making terrain textures green, for heaven's sake, make the lava water. Or make it one of those fire/ice type maps.

stefygraff

Private Tester
One good thing that can be fixed, it going throw that whole next to the lava river! In DM & TMD lots of people hide there, its not a productive thing about this map!
Also try to make the base more complex...

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
No for me as a HoF i LOVE core it is harder to defend the flag then on the other maps wich makes it fun and challenging.
Its not just about the HoF. Cappers have said they wanted the stand lowered, too. Having it that high and having to iOD up to the stand was always a pain, and you'd just die right away if anyone was there. Lowering it makes it easier for everyone.