Core. If you could change anything about it...

anak

VIP
Its not just about the HoF. Cappers have said they wanted the stand lowered, too. Having it that high and having to iOD up to the stand was always a pain, and you'd just die right away if anyone was there. Lowering it makes it easier for everyone.
yea - it doesnt make it challenging, it makes it annoying.

sugardemon

I never had any real issues with Core except for the color. I understand some of the jagged terrain problems are tile size restrictions cropping up, and a fair bit of the skiing problems will be addressed when you can see the ground properly.

The base/flagstand design I enjoy. Its a bit of a challenge for both sides: cappers have to deal with a smaller approach window, and defenders have to avoid being knocked into the bowl.

Iirc, there are some balance issues between the two sides of the map. One bowl was easier to start routes from, and theres a really nice hill to finish a fatty route on, but at this point I can't remember which was which. Any way to fix one side of the map and mirror it? I know asymmetrical maps are nifty, but I don't think this needs to be one.

This is false, it is not twice the size of blade run, however making it a tad smaller was something I planned on doing.

The red is also something I'm working on, and shanks, the dynamic of capping vs chasing is so hard to properly balance, but I'll try :)
Good luck and I hope you come out with something good.

Buhlitz

We'll see what happens. But I'm progressing under the "just for fun" mindset. Just so we are clear.

When I say smaller, the main play area will stay roughly the same, I'll just shorten the oob removing some unnecessary outer terrain that gives the illusion that it's a HUGE map like some have commented on. I'm also wanting to make the flag area much more concise and straight forward, more structured like Frostbyte where there are specific angles of approach for capping, predictable lanes of traffic while giving defenders good vantage points and key route starting or chasing hills. So on one hand the flag area will see limits in potential approaches, but the areas that are approachable will be more open, both for defending and grabbing.

As for the color, I've experimented with all sorts of different color pallets and feel as if I've come across one that is a good medium, to maintain the 'feel' of the map while making it significantly easier to see whats going on.

Edit : It's also occurred to me changes may have already been made that I'm not aware of. So there is also that.

Vinzyboy23

Remove the red and change the colour.

This?
Volcano2.jpg

Nvidia

As for the color, I've experimented with all sorts of different color pallets and feel as if I've come across one that is a good medium, to maintain the 'feel' of the map while making it significantly easier to see whats going on.
Can we see some screenshots? :p

anak

VIP
if you're referring to the core 2 scheme, i kinda disliked that one. it came across as crappy-mud-looking, although i might have forgotten to relight.

Esuke-L

Think i'd prefer the bowl below the flagstand all together raised rather than the flagstand significantly lowered..or raise one slightly and lower the other slightly aswell..I mean if the flag stand goes too low then it'll just make it even harder to cap without gettin fragged on the way out wouldn't it??

Core to me was a learning curve map, playing on it improved my skiing/allover manouvering greatly. We can't have all our maps just being easy, that's how games get boring.

Buhlitz

Think i'd prefer the bowl below the flagstand all together raised rather than the flagstand significantly lowered..or raise one slightly and lower the other slightly aswell..I mean if the flag stand goes too low then it'll just make it even harder to cap without gettin fragged on the way out wouldn't it??

Core to me was a learning curve map, playing on it improved my skiing/allover manouvering greatly. We can't have all our maps just being easy, that's how games get boring.

I dunno. I quite enjoyed playing frostbyte in pugs 9 times in a row.

Novaz

This is an out of the blue idea... But since its a large map and all, would lava geysers be at all legitimate? Just a few scattered throughout the map, that go off at random times so its harder to time them... With not too long intervals between the bursts, say, 30 seconds? And they would do damage. Also like a lava circle encircling the base would be kinda neat, but I feel like I'm getting a little over my head with that one! Give me feedback on my idea guys!

And..

I like this idea, it'd be easier to OD up and over the platform, grab the flag and get out with a quick escape. But there should still be a significant distance from the platform and the ground.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Lava geysers would be cool, but would cause more lag on an already laggy map... At the same time though, it should be faster, so it might be okay...

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
This is an out of the blue idea... But since its a large map and all, would lava geysers be at all legitimate? Just a few scattered throughout the map, that go off at random times so its harder to time them... With not too long intervals between the bursts, say, 30 seconds? And they would do damage. Also like a lava circle encircling the base would be kinda neat, but I feel like I'm getting a little over my head with that one! Give me feedback on my idea guys!

And..

I like this idea, it'd be easier to OD up and over the platform, grab the flag and get out with a quick escape. But there should still be a significant distance from the platform and the ground.

i considered suggesting this, but the volcanoes spitting out cluster's (exploded) but the amount of lag would be nasty

TheWimp

it was too hard to see people on but i liked how LO had a real hard time on it. The heavy could stop a lot of cappers so it was a lot better than other maps i think. oh but the lava in the middle was dumb since no one ever fell in it except when rabbiting with the flag when they were gonna die.