Charging Before Sniping

OG_Gutta

I used to play legions on IA near when it first came out, and I remember that a person could hold down the left-click button to charge the sniper rifle beam and then let it go to shoot. Is there a specific reason to why this was taken off?

If you do not know what im talking about, then check out this old sniping vid by Phanakapan:
http://vimeo.com/2282239

Immanent

I used to play legions on IA near when it first came out, and I remember that a person could hold down the left-click button to charge the sniper rifle beam and then let it go to shoot. Is there a specific reason to why this was taken off?

If you do not know what im talking about, then check out this old sniping vid by Phanakapan:
http://vimeo.com/2282239
It was SERIOUSLY OP, I've heard and seen. Apparently it could do 80%+ damage on stationary targets... so yah.

Synista

:D I remember when I first played Legions... The sniper had a glitch where you charged it, and if you pressed 1 and the beam would disappear until shot. I was an osnipers favourite trick :)

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
It was SERIOUSLY OP, I've heard and seen. Apparently it could do 80%+ damage on stationary targets... so yah.

it could 1 shot a stationary raider i seem to recall.

the chargin feature was removed to supposedly allow for it to be used while skiing. but since it drains energy its even more annoying while skiing now in my opinion.

i for one would like the old charging method to come back and replace the energy drain.

Immanent

Yeah, the energy drain is inconvenient while chasing, but I guess that's what makes it challenging. My assumption would be that with no energy drain, it will be OP.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
the chargin feature was removed to supposedly allow for it to be used while skiing. but since it drains energy its even more annoying while skiing now in my opinion.

Yeah agreed. Sometimes I wonder if it'd be more fun to chase with that 'cloud' version of the sniper, and because it charges up, it takes 0 energy to fire. Really thinking about it, I'd absolutely love that kind of sniper even perhaps as an alternative firing mode.

OG_Gutta

Yeah agreed. Sometimes I wonder if it'd be more fun to chase with that 'cloud' version of the sniper, and because it charges up, it takes 0 energy to fire. Really thinking about it, I'd absolutely love that kind of sniper even perhaps as an alternative firing mode.

Agreed. And I also liked the fact that the laser would already be visible when you were charging up to fire. It helps with aiming in some aspects, and it gives the opposing player a chance to dodge a snipe if they can tell when their being aimed at.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Agreed. And I also liked the fact that the laser would already be visible when you were charging up to fire. It helps with aiming in some aspects, and it gives the opposing player a chance to dodge a snipe if they can tell when their being aimed at.

which a genuinely a good idea, as the speed of legions makes it harder to predict and dodge a sniper.

maybe a new weapon, like what the skybolt and cluster are to the rocket and grenade.
(maybe making it fire three weaker laser shots in a triangle or something....)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I've always felt ever since playing the first Star Trek elite force that weapons that are cool have an alternative firing mode, along with adding more depth to the game. For stuff like the rocket, you can't really have one, but take the plasma - it could have slower moving projectiles that deal more damage, or have faster moving ones at less damage but the plasma shots bounce off things. Stuff like that can really add depth to the game, so that's why I'm thinking it'd be cool to see the sniper rifle have an alternative firing mode like that.

OG_Gutta

I agree with both of you guys. And adding an alternate firing mode to specific weapons would defiantly make the game more interesting. It would be more beneficial to do that for right now than to add new weapons to the game.

HVanquish

I think he's more talking about why did they take away the actual charging part, not necessarily the damage output

Mahidhar

Just because no one agrees with your ideas doesn't mean it's lacking creativity. :p

This is interesting. You are actually relating my threads of suggestions to this. Very well, and I won't even bother arguing here, trying to get people to understand the truth, is the last thing I would do.

Siantlark

This is interesting. You are actually relating my threads of suggestions to this. Very well, and I won't even bother arguing here, trying to get people to understand the truth, is the last thing I would do.
A joke my friend. A simple joke. As evidenced by the :p.

Why are people so uptight on the internet? Sheesh.