Big Fat Weapon Update on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahidhar

When the net fix was done, the Grenade Launcher felt a bit different ever since(like most other things). I know this does not count as a change done by you, but it's a change nevertheless. You know the second one.

@Mahidhar: Half of your posts don't make sense, sound contradictory, or sound like you haven't played Legions much at all. Maybe it's the over-abundance of commas, maybe something else. My point is that your argument is hard to discern and I think you're shooting yourself in the foot even as you make your point. I speak bluntly, but I do mean this as a critique and not an insult. I'm interested in your opinion (as are the devs), but so far all I know for sure is that you're unhappy with the changes to the GL.

I understand your bluntness, and will not take your comment, as an insult. But, I'd like to tell you one thing. Making sense works two ways. It's either my post, being full of nonsense, or you not being able to make any sense out of it.

Please do explain which part of my point is hard to discern. Because, the next time you address my arguments, I'd like to see some "sensible" text from your side.

By the way, I have found yet another limitation for the Cluster Launcher. Normally, when you're using the original, and going for ground shots, the enemy player's trajectory is kept in mind. That is, enemy player jumps from point A, to point B. Once a shot has been made(at the time of the click, point A is targeted, and shot at), the user would move his vision with the enemy, and look for point B, and target it, before enemy reaches the spot. But now, when you're going for full on damage with the Cluster Launcher(meaning, you intend to hold down the left click, until the very last second, before the grenade hits the ground, and release it), you are forced to keep looking at point A, until the cluster grenade has been detonated(so it may detonate properly, doing maximum damage at that point). Therefore, this increases the time to make shots, and even miss an opportunity, at some other open point, when going for two more shots simultaneously, with the Cluster Launcher.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Regardless, he's acting like a child and so I shall treat him as one.

Ouch, you go around saying that you don't want to insult people (especially Mahidar) and then you come out with a comment like this. Neuchy isn't a child and is a good player ftw. His points are completely valid and you have no reason to treat him like a child, or anyone for that matter in this community.

Immanent

I agree with you here teamneuch, but keep in mind, that they are volunteers, and they are NOT obliged to do our bidding. They do what they THINK is best for the game.
We can't simply just bitch at them like we did on IA, because we were customers then, however here we are not, so technically we have no say in this. Economics tbh.
Anyway, it's a good thing that they do listen to us on occasion, but you can get their attention by posting for more attention on the suggestions forums :p see where im going?

Disci

Old man
Devs should stop everything they do that would change Legions even a bit. People doesn't want Legions to change. It's fine to have 2-3 weapons which serve the same purpose. This is not Tribes! Legions is fine as it is. Balace between cappers and chasers is fine. Cluster was fine since you didn't really have to time it. Just toss it at the cappers general direction and release the lmb and BOOM almost or completely dead capper(huge lag effect was fine too). Caproutes usually are pretty predictable and with iOD clustering was the hardest thing in Legions to master. Also dueling was exteremely fun. It was the clash of the titans of the yoyo effect. Very skilled indeed.

phanakapan

Private Tester
I played D with the new GL yesterday, and I don't see what the fuss is all about. I was able to chase with it just fine. When dueling at the base, you go for midairs with the rocket and because of the now longer timer and bounce, you can actually skip the nades across the ground and lay traps for falling opponents. not to mention you can now get over, under, and around base assets much better. you can now clear the chutes on the nivo and moon bases much easier for example. Sure you can't point blank people on the ground with twitch shots anymore, but that is what the RL is for. I played bomber with frag grenades, and had no issues...

Reactions: blu

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Devs should stop everything they do that would change Legions even a bit. People doesn't want Legions to change. It's fine to have 2-3 weapons which serve the same purpose. This is not Tribes! Legions is fine as it is. Balace between cappers and chasers is fine. Cluster was fine since you didn't really have to time it. Just toss it at the cappers general direction and release the lmb and BOOM almost or completely dead capper(huge lag effect was fine too). Caproutes usually are pretty predictable and with iOD clustering was the hardest thing in Legions to master. Also dueling was exteremely fun. It was the clash of the titans of the yoyo effect. Very skilled indeed.
You should really stop mooching the devs, and use your brain every once in a while.

St3lth

Backend Contributor
St3lth, read it again and then tell me was I 100% serious with the post or not.
I guess you were right with the post, but cmon you gotta be a little more respectful. I mean re-word it or do something to it so its pleasant enough for someone to actually read it. Also I did understand the sarcasm in that post, if that's what you are wondering.

Disci

Old man
Just pointing out that most of the complainings in here does sound more like bitching about the changes rather than really trying to figure out the reasons why the changes has been made. My post doesn't even sound nearly as harsh as most of the complainings which, to me, looks like are not even appreciating the work of the devs, but are actually telling them to *dance* off and stop making these changes.

Karnage

Private Tester
Okay, can someone explain to me why the weapons that only a few, select players use regularly are always the ones to get nerfed or removed? Why nerf the cluster and the nade? Why not nerf the rocket and the chaingun? Everyone with less than 50 ping is a master MAer and chaingunner these days. IMO those are way OP. Still I don't expect that those will get nerfed, nor am I asking the devs to nerf them, I am just trying to point out that there seems to some bias towards the less popular weapons. Yes, Disci, I am asking them to stop taking away the stuff I get used to. I am not bitching, I am providing my input, my perspective. That is what this forum is for. I am not unhappy about the new weapons, I am unhappy about the removal of the old weapons. Why not leave us the choice?

Synista

There's a Mortar instead of Clusters. Not many people used Sentinel, but many use Raider, if Raider's Clusters were the same as the old Sentinel Clusters I'm pretty sure I know what class I'd be using. Also, Chaingun and RL aren't OP(They've already nerfed them before). They're balanced, along with the nade. They nerfed the nade to prevent constant RL GL Groundpounding which was pretty annoying.

Karnage

Private Tester
I never suggested that the raider have the same cluster as Sentinel. And I only mentioned the CG and RL in order to present a perspective. As I said I was not really, actually suggesting that they nerf them. Just stop nerfing the sent.

phanakapan

Private Tester
The grenade was not nerfed, it was changed to fill a niche that was missing and to get rid of the major overlapping with the rocket. I have been playing with the new grenade for the last 2 days and I will list the pros and cons of the change as I see them:

Pros:
-the bounciness: there is now a weapon that can be used to hit people using base assets to hide, by banking the nades off walls, ceilings, and floors. You can now clear the chutes on nivo and moon without the nade exploding at the top, bank nades into the base of fallout, etc.
-the more severe arc: the grenade is now better suited for chasing as it can go over hills and kill cappers who are using terrain to prevent line of sight shots.
-faster projectile: like above, the grenade is now better suited for chasing.
-longer timer: when dueling you can now lay down a grenade under an opponent while they are falling, essentially setting a trap. the longer timer allows you to do this and switch to another weapon for an effect similar to hotswapping from back in the day. using a hand nade at the same time can provide 3 sources of splash damage in a shorter amount of time than was previously possible.
-faster reload: to offset the longer timer, the weapon now fires more rapidly, allowing a more sustained blanket of splash damage than previously possible.

Cons:
-minor damage nerf for MA shots. I understand this was done because you can still MA people at point blank range, and it is now actually easier to do with the faster projectile.
-more difficult to do point blank splash damage. I can't complain about this since there are plenty of other options for this (rocket or blaster or hand nades).

So why are people complaining again?

phanakapan

Private Tester
the one that took an overpowered weapon with a fantastic mechanic and made it a slightly less overpowered weapon with a shitty mechanic?

Lin

So why are people complaining again?
I don't know about other people, but the main reason I'm complaining is a sentimental thing. I just like the feel of the gl more than the rocket launcher, and now that the gl isn't really a main weapon, I'm a little disappointed.

The other reason, and one that probably has more gameplay impact, is that the new niche of the gl is, in my opinion, infinitely less useful. If I'm running outrider with gl, how the hell am i supposed to compete without rocket jumps? And if somebody is hiding in my base, am I going to take the time to switch to the gl and take a bounce shot, or am I just going to blow them to pieces with my blaster/rl once I move around the corner? If I use the gl for all my in-base combat, will I be able to outplay the rl? Is it really more worthwhile to set a nade under my opponent and hope the bounce takes it where I want it rather than just whipping out a midair?
These are questions that I have difficulty resolving in favor of the gl, even given how much i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.