The Great Mortar Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defender

I prefer to use the heavy armors mostly..
The thing that ruined the game for me was when the Devs, reduced the damage way down on the burst grenade special for the heavy
that I spammed way to much with.:mad:
Also the player movement/jet foreword speed seems way to fast in this game for me at times.. I get in after not playing for a long time and every one seems to just wiz by me. In the mod I'm making. I will most likely have 3 server speed options, that will reduce player forward movement/jetting speeds by 10, 20, 30%. My default mod movement/jetting foreword speed will maybe be about 30% slower than base. But my mod armors will have more jet energy for sure.

Homingun

Nivo games without sents are actually pretty fun.

...until someone switches to heavy to win/troll.

dam right i suck.. I rather suck and use the mortars then spend endless hours building up on rockets and chaingun and chasing skills when i could be making beloved graphics for the game!

This comment sums up why parts of this game are a joke.

Why should a player spend endless hours building up different skills when using the heavy can (almost) instantly make him/her effective?

Many people play this game (as opposed to COD or its ilk) because they want a game that is more than point and click. They want a game that requires a variety of skills such as movement, estimation, judgement, team coordination etc. Skills that take time to master and even longer to use in combination. Legions used to have a pretty good skill reward system (with some weapon balance issues). The better a player got at something, the more effective they became in that area of the game.

Now, with additions such as mortars, players that can't even ski or shoot properly become game changers. It's basically a big "*dance* you" to all those who spent many hours getting better at different aspects of the game. This is one of the reasons that many veterans don't play this game anymore or can't take it seriously.

By now, pretty much everyone (except those that live inside extremely small boxes) has figured out that the mortar is an issue. This was predicted in the beginning by experienced players but many didn't care or couldn't comprehend. Now, it has become part of the game isn't going to be changed any time soon. The way I see it, it has made the game more shallow than before.

I wrote all this stuff out because people don't seem to understand the underlying impact of mortars and other such stuff on the community. They play the "deal with it" card when they can't accept something is broken. I have enough "deal with it" irl to have to "deal with it" in games.

I appreciate and thank the work the devs put in to bring this game back but by trying to broaden the user base in such a way (wrongly IMO), you have alienated much of the current one. Hopefully some good mods will fix this and repair the damage. Until then, happy trolling.

Immanent

I was playing in a eu pub and saw spek.Mrflame mortaring the flag stand even after I told him you shouldn't use the mortar in the base repeatedly. This doesn't mean that ALL the people on the spek. roster are mortar spammers.

And also, half the teamkilling on eu servers is because of 300pingers (I think the [Azn] tag gives it away) who think it's hilarious to spam the *dance* out of mortars.
You were just playing in a pub with me, you can testify to Mr Flame?

Neither are [Azn] people. We handpick those, and we will talk to those members that are seen doing so repeatedly.

I was playing in a eu pub and saw spek.Mrflame mortaring the flag stand even after I told him you shouldn't use the mortar in the base repeatedly. This doesn't mean that ALL the people on the spek. roster are mortar spammers.

You were just playing in a pub with me, you can testify to Mr Flame?

Neither are [Azn] people. We handpick those, and we will talk to those members that are seen doing so repeatedly.
[02:32] <@*Fireblasto*> neroflame, ThEDisasteR I have decided, we should all go into a public game
[02:32] <@*Fireblasto*> play heavy
[02:32] <@*Fireblasto*> and just spam mortars over at the enemy base
[02:32] <@*Fireblasto*> ^^
TROLOLOLO

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

For the record, Flamey has made some decent progress to becoming a better heavy, the jump for him now is to try and get him off using the mortar and iODing more.

Immanent

For the record, Flamey has made some decent progress to becoming a better heavy, the jump for him now is to try and get him off using the mortar and iODing more.

I tried hoffing in 300 ping without mortaring the flag stand, and found it surprisingly easy apart from flag catching aspect.

Yeah, but I have yet to see one US players or asian player bitch at such people and make general remarks that all (insert ethnic group here) mortar spam, which is the key difference in maturity level in some players.

Aimed at:
This is actually a funny part since all the people who does this are playing heavy class and pretty much only that. Also it's asians but we know why they like it so much so that's about that.
And also, half the teamkilling on eu servers is because of 300pingers (I think the [Azn] tag gives it away) who think it's hilarious to spam the *dance* out of mortars.

RiPTaCk

It is not the Asians(high pingers) that are the problem, it's always the douche in front of the screen.
Also many asians use the mortar because it makes it alot easier to get kills, defend flag or whatever but due to their high ping they have a higher chance of tking the chaser or whoever because their shots are not timed well enough. That is why asians(high pingers) should not spam those mortars like they do now. (Just summed up Discis post without all the swearing)

Also I just want to add that Homingun is right. This game takes way less(no) skill due to mortar (and partly even nades). That is why "good" people are leaving and douchebags are appearing more and more. If you do not accept the fact that the mortar is hurting this game/community then I can't help but advise you to go to the doctor because Shutter Island is missing you.

jago

It is not the Asians(high pingers) that are the problem, it's always the douche in front of the screen.
Also many asians use the mortar because it makes it alot easier to get kills, defend flag or whatever but due to their high ping they have a higher chance of tking the chaser or whoever because their shots are not timed well enough. That is why asians(high pingers) should not spam those mortars like they do now. (Just summed up Discis post without all the swearing)

Also I just want to add that Homingun is right. This game takes way less(no) skill due to mortar (and partly even nades). That is why "good" people are leaving and douchebags are appearing more and more. If you do not accept the fact that the mortar is hurting this game/community then I can't help but advise you to go to the doctor because Shutter Island is missing you.
about time someone mentioned the nades

Propkid

the nades
thefuck.png

Disci

Old man
Explain. What's up with nades?

Probably the nade jump, which makes chasing ezpz these days. I don't agree that it's even partly a bad thing. OD needed to be balanced, but tweaking or removing it completely isn't possible, obiviously, so D gets help from nade jumps. Rip is just purist and was already a deadly chaser without nade jumps. I understand his pov. :)

If he means the comboing, then I don't know what to say. I have no idea how that could be an issue.

RiPTaCk

Yes the nade jump is making it very easy to chase. You rj/nade jump and then you are already sticking on his ass. You don't need to ski properly and terrain knowledge isn't necessary, you just land in the next chute you see.

I'm not complaining about that I'm just saying that it has transformed from a difficult-to-play position to an everybody-can-do-it position. Especially with an outrider. How many people still chase with raider? Not many. There are even more people with sentinel who are trying to chase.

Disci

Old man
Yes the nade jump is making it very easy to chase. You rj/nade jump and then you are already sticking on his ass. You don't need to ski properly and terrain knowledge isn't necessary, you just land in the next chute you see.

For most it's still difficult. But as a trade off, capping has become a *chocolate cookies* ton harder. ;) Not that it's hard enough even now, but it's better...

Karnage

Private Tester
And you dare to call me stupid? :D The hate and cussing is mainly towards you. I'm very nice guy most of the time so when I cuss it's because I'm fustrated. Explaining things to a child usually brings the worst out of me, you know. Also I know you're not from asia. You live in asia, tho, so don't be stupid. Again. And for the sake of kittens, go google "racism", rofl.
You are a racist mate. Don't bs yourself. It's not the first time you've generalised about 'Asians' in these forums. You're also blind to your own faults which is a really sad thing because it means you will never grow up.

I have not taken to cussing at you until today and that is because it seems to be the only language you understand. What right have you to condescend to me and patronise me in this way? You treat me with a complete lack of respect and then blame me! I think you need to take a good long look at your own behaviour and see the contradictions in it. It is never necessary to talk to someone the way you talk to me and some of the other people in these forums. We have a right to express our opinions, right or wrong. You need to learn to become a man and treat people with respect, whether they are right or wrong, bright or stupid. Who the hell do you think you are? Grow up.

The fact that you have not been banned or at least disciplined is a sad indictment of the moderators of these forums.

Disci

Old man
You are a racist mate. Don't bs yourself. It's not the first time you've generalised about 'Asians' in these forums.

So it seems, I'm the only one who does that? Also, I would've been banned many times already if there would be a reason for it. You don't need to keep saying it out loud everytime you don't like something I post. Report button is right there just below my post so use it. Also the bs about me being mean towards everyone is not true so don't keep up that *chocolate cookies*. You just try to put me on some black list and change people opinion about me. I have reported your last few posts, just FYI. They are disrespectful and full of lies. I'm not going to tolerate this kind of behaviour.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
So it seems, I'm the only one who does that? Also, I would've been banned many times already if there would be a reason for it. You don't need to keep saying it out loud everytime you don't like something I post. Report button is right there just below my post so use it. Also the bs about me being mean towards everyone is not true so don't keep up that *chocolate cookies*. You just try to put me on some black list and change people opinion about me. I have reported your last few posts, just FYI. They are disrespectful and full of lies. I'm not going to tolerate this kind of behaviour.

omg racism!

Status
Not open for further replies.