The Great Mortar Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiPTaCk

1 sniper is doing nothing against his team but 1 mortar spammer is tking the whole flagstand->Comparable! NOT.

Atleast the problem of the mortar has been detected.
"But how do I get rid of it...hmmm...I'm too lazy to remove it...hmmm...lets just blame the players as abusers..hmmm...but how do I fix that again...hmm...this is way too high, lets just leave this crap and go play LoL. Problem Solved!"
/L:O

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
1 sniper is doing nothing against his team but 1 mortar spammer is tking the whole flagstand->Comparable! NOT.

You can spam the flag with any weapon, only difference is you die more with mortar.

I don't foresee it being removed, or nerfed to the extent that your whole flag spam debate is all about.

I don't play any other game.. I been working deligiantly in making legions a better place just for the community to spit on us about how messed up the game is.

I can't speak for everyone on the team, but I do agree those that moved on should be replaced and haven't...

Immanent

Out of all the things I can do with the mortar, actually killing a fast capper (especially a damn good one) from my base is one of the harder things that I had to learn, even with predictable return routes. Please, by all means try it, Immanent. I mean if it's so easy a caveman could do it as you suggest, then you should have no trouble putting your money where your mouth is. And not against some noob who barely knows how to ski, but rather someone like shaska.

Yes that was heavy chasing with mortar.
Can you be any more patronizing? I only say that it is easy to do, because I have tried it and found it significantly easier than chasing with GL2.

Please look at the player names before criticizing who I was playing against.

Karnage

Private Tester
Still love Legions.

Immanent, frankly, you are the condescending one. In fact you were downright dismissive. Gravis was being defensive. Just because you managed to kill someone once while chasing does not make you good at using the mortar. It's about being consistent over a period of time. You can always tell the good heavies from the noobs because chances are that the frequency of TKs by the good heavy are minimal. As PWA said - it's about the players, not the weapon.

Application-1

test bester
Why do people think that using the weapon with the highest damage, biggest splash and strongest knockback take skill. In tribes it also took no skill it was just balanced a lot more, wich atleast makes sure that you need to think before shooting. Server without mortars untill they have purpose where art thou!

Abandoned

Just tossing out tweakable suggestions with no thought:
Decrease it's AoE by a tad, decrease damage so it does 99% damage to an outrider, longer arming time in close range, mortar projectile doesn't "liqueify" players when it's on contact with ground (lots of HoF's place the mortar 'blob' on the flagstand, capper runs over the stand,= insta-dead).

Propkid

I agree... whose going code it?
This cyborg over here :D
if he's still alive...
Alternatively we could kidnap some poor coder from HiRez and make him code with Torque under the threat of starvation, whipping and hours of conversation with MightySheep :]

+ there was a spawn delay in IA for TKs if I remember correct. Just get that back and increase the delay values- tadah?

Application-1

test bester
App-1mortarsig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.