Japanese Servers Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Greaper

Im surprised to see another Asia server, you guys really are trying to let Legions live, thanks but...

Id of thought the next server added would be an Australian one given we attract similar numbers, in the IA days before things got stale we would fill a 16 player server regularly.

Ive donated once for SG but a 100 ping is only barely acceptable and most Aussies ping much higher than that which is why there are only 3 or 4 of us that bother with legions here anymore.

Is it the fact that servers are more expensive here?

if so I am willing to pay some extra to make it happen, at least for a few months to see if Aussies return to legions.

GReaper

Grumpy
As I've said before, find us a server provider which is cheap enough, or if you can afford to rent the thing yourself - speak with BugsPray. It's getting kinda tiring having to answer the same question over and over again.

Immanent

Where tha *dance* do you live?!?! Madagascar?
I believe if you do a check on his profile and other stuff, you will soon find out he is from the Philippines. Please be more considerate of your malicious sweeping statement. It really does actually pain me to see whenever a new server is put up, these philipinos are getting extremely bad ping. But then again a lot of people in your situation take their low ping for granted now. It is NOT their fault for having crap ping, and nor can they help it.

Sorry if my reply was a little bit offtopic but I have to rule out this ignorance.

Immanent

Propkid

Where tha *dance* do you live?!?! Madagascar?
malicious sweeping statement
Doesn't click. Just as when I was writing it, right now as I am reading it I fail to see the "malicious" connotation of that comment.
It is NOT their fault for having crap ping, and nor can they help it.
And nor was I implying that they can. Don't read that deep into a comment in which I was purely surprised by the evenly high ping he had. I just wasn't aware that if you live in e.g. Philippines you get 230 ping to the SG server, which is pretty close by. I knew the connections tend to suck, but wow...

Sorry if my reply was a little bit offtopic but I have to rule out this ignorance.
FYI I know what does having constantly large ping in games mean. I know there's people out there who just don't get that the hosting opportunities/ the connection quality in some parts of Asia are terribad, but please don't pick me as your 'sacrificial lamb' for conveying your teachings and for "ruling out the ignorance". Thank you.

Royalty

The Aussie
Hopefully we will see some US player on the servers. Homingun popped in yesterday and he was pinging 150 in the Jap server (that means he pings better than me even though I live in Australia).

And you have do admit 150 ping is more than playable. I'm fully capable of understanding that 25 ping is preferable and many US players would prefer to play on their server rather than Jap servers- but if any of the US servers are dead or low on players, I encourage US players to hop on the Jap servers and occasionally have a game with the Asian/Australian players :)

Royalty

The Aussie
165-190. However my internet is using my phone line. I am moving into my new house in June, and we won't be using the phone line there, so I expect my ping to decrease by around 20.

As I've said before, find us a server provider which is cheap enough, or if you can afford to rent the thing yourself - speak with BugsPray. It's getting kinda tiring having to answer the same question over and over again.

So price is the reason an Aust server wasnt considered above another asia server! This is also the reason I havent got a server up myself, I cant afford 200+ a month and few others were willing to chip in.

Yes it is a very tired topic, one I wont be bothering with anymore nor most Aussies with legions in general.

I suspect two Asia servers is going to completely divide the Asia/Aust community with the ping variation being so large and I doubt there are the numbers to make a game or pay for two for that matter.

Abandoned

I'm fine with playing legions in 200 ping+. I've been doing that for 2 years (exclude the downtime of IA) and quite frankly, I'm accustomed to using 200 ping.

I think you guys have just forgotten what low ping does to a game like legions!

its simply far to fast to be competitive against skilled players with sub 50 ping when you are over 100. Sure you might say you can MA and chain etc but strike rates drop drastically the further you get over 100.

I remember hosting a game at zero ping after playing for a while at 60 to 80 on the aust server and there was a huge increase in MA's for me, no more wait/judge trajectory aim ahead of it then shoot, it became more shoot where they are (especially at the slowest point in their arc).

It made things feel like you were in the moment more...... because you are.

Abandoned

I can still do everything that is required in legions gameplay well with 200 ping.
I get 250~270 ping in the JP servers and 340~360 ping in SG servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.