Japanese Servers Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immanent

And I get "*chocolate cookies*" ping in every server including sg. Karnage still has packe loss issues?

Karnage

Private Tester
I have the same issue I had when the Japanese server was up last time. In the morning I ping 40, in the afternoon I ping 120 and by 11 at night I ping 3-400. Dunno what it is.

57thSylph

From my experience, my ping fluctuates a lot. I should be pinging 80-90 but often it jumps up to 200 for at least 5 minutes, sometimes even up to half an hour before it goes back down, but soon it goes up to 200 ping again. I have ran the PingPlotter test and the times I was getting 200 ping, the pack loss was at 100%. It seems that I might be the only one with this problem, but my connection to other servers (US, SG and EU) are fine, i.e. pings there are stable. Karnage has a similar issue that he gets higher and higher ping at night due to internet traffic. Both problems are not caused by our ISPs so it most probably is the server. But from what I have observed, people from the US has no connection problem to the JP server. So I was wondering if the earthquake actually did "shake off" the underground wire thingies/server station thingies connecting with certain countries in Asia in Japan.

Abandoned

I'm switching my ISP as the contract ends in less than a month.
Would this make it possible better or worse? I ping 270 there and I do NOT want to change the ISP to something worse, if that happens, I can't play L:O for 1 year.

Severance

Private Tester
So go month to month for the first month, sure it may be slightly more, but do you want to be locked into a shitty ISP for a year?

Royalty

The Aussie

WIN!

Edit: Now that I think of it we might actually give west side a run for their money, now that we have a decent HoF with a decent ping. :p
I wish I had your ping.
I ping 400 on EU servers, 180 on JP, 370 on SG and 280 on US....

Status
Not open for further replies.