Japanese Servers Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

GReaper

Grumpy
Just a few notes.

These servers are running on Amazon EC2 as Spot Instances. This means the servers are cheaper to run, however there is a minor risk of it shutting down if there's a huge surge in demand for servers and it exceeds the price we're willing to pay. So far this has never happened with the test servers, so I'm not too worried. Worst case will be that the server will shut down and hopefully come back later - if this ever happens then I'm sure players could switch to another server.

We've got 3 servers running, small CTF, large CTF and a private server. Hopefully the server should be able to cope with this. Ideally given the number of players I'd prefer to have a single CTF server running - however until we get map voting it's better to have a couple of servers to give you guys a choice of what you want to play.

Feedback is welcome, let me know if it's running as you'd expect.

Any questions?

A2

Ah nice. At least my ping is maybe 20ms lower than that in SG server. (380)

GReaper

Grumpy
Prometheus is just the new name for the Singapore server, I'll take down the test server and update the configuration and give it a new name. Test Server isn't right when it no longer needs testing. ;)

It'll be the same setup though, 2 CTF servers and a private server.

Royalty

The Aussie
I can finally ping under 200....
I can ma, frag combo from any angle, a catch the flag without having to fly under it and witness it magically appearing in my hands.
My OD and overall player maneuverability has increased too!

No more fire delays!!!

So are the two JAP servers staying? Or are these just temporary?

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] So are the two JAP servers staying? Or are these just temporary?

Now that these servers are losing their test status, we'd like to remind you that the servers are only kept running based on player donations. If there are enough donations to cover a server in Singapore and Japan then we'll keep both up and running, however if they fall short we'll scale the servers back down accordingly. So please remember to donate to keep them running!
http://www.legionsoverdrive.com/blog/2011/05/02/japanese-servers-return/

Mahidhar

Prometheus is just the new name for the Singapore server, I'll take down the test server and update the configuration and give it a new name. Test Server isn't right when it no longer needs testing. ;)

It'll be the same setup though, 2 CTF servers and a private server.

Ah, too bad then. Recently, some people's ping just increased to 250+ and stayed that way, ever since. I was hoping the problem would be solved if the server was different.

Royalty

The Aussie
To all Asian players: stay in the JP servers for the next few hours and lets make good use of these servers and enjoy them!!!

Immanent

*dance* yes!

I have to scroll to see all the available servers now! ^.^

I ping slightly more in JAP server (120 ish) than in SG (100) and I'm in SG! FFS :L

But good nevertheless!

Status
Not open for further replies.