Download Tribes 2 Voice Pack - Full (30megs of pure voice spam! VGTA)

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I have trouble using the voices as well because I've never played Tribes in my life, but Rockey's intention was a good one and that's what matters. I hope that thoughtless posts won't affected Rockey's generosity.
I'm sorry I dont have the motivation nor the time trying to cross reference the t2 sounds to the legions menu layout. I also hope that the people with interest will take sample from the voicepack and do their own. Be it rip from other games or original. I also hope that the support for these custom voices will improve in the near future. (bug bugs)

Royalty

The Aussie
Royalty, chill out there, bud.

It's a mod. An optional enhancement to the game. If you don't like it or don't want it, you don't have to download it. But telling other folks not to download it? That's a recipe for disunity, right there.

Script Jockey Rockey here puts an epic amount of effort into developing mods that he wants to use, and he believes the community may want (and be able to benefit from) as well. Your argument that newbloods may be getting confused by the menu structure doesn't hold a lot of water, since the only folks who are likely to even download it are the Tribes vets who have memorized the menus back-to-front anyways. For them, the extra lines like "Defend the Nexus" and such aren't intrusive, just nostalgic -- and, let's face it, the whole voice pack is designed to be nostalgic anyways.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but just because you find it difficult to navigate the menus doesn't mean other people find it difficult too. Telling folks that you "advise everyone else" to "continue to use the default sound packs as they are easier to use and more relative to the game, till the T2 Voice Expansions have had a major makeover" is kinda shortsighted. You're advising other folks to play a certain way without giving them any reason to trust your judgment, and without taking their perspectives into account.

Tossing your opinions out there is epic and welcome, bud. But can't we at least be tactful about it?

I see your point. I'm sorry if I really was that mean, but I just though my advice would be good, if the pack was ever pushed out to all of us through the patcher. Because I think, if this ever happens, Legions players would really appreciate all the extra voices.

I'm sorry I dont have the motivation nor the time trying to cross reference the t2 sounds to the legions menu layout. I also hope that the people with interest will take sample from the voicepack and do their own. Be it rip from other games or original. I also hope that the support for these custom voices will improve in the near future. (bug bugs)

I am happy to learn how to do this stuff and fix up some of the T2 voices But is there a video on youtube or something that will teach me how to?

Disci

Old man
Like stated earlier, Tribes voices are + other things related to Tribes games are property of Hi-Rez game studios. There is no way Tribes voices are going officially in the game again. Ofcos if someone asks Hi-Rez a permission to do so and they agree then it's up to dev team.

Voltz

Voltz u already install the voice rite???
Can u make a video how u install it??
Sorry, I can't. I think if you read carefully Rockey's directions on first page you'll be able to install it. It takes a while to make sense of it but you probably can do it.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...]It takes a while to make sense of it [...]
Whuoat?
confused.png

Annihilate

already figured out how to do it :D
Using it now :)

does other person hear the tribes voice?

No they don't. :confused:
But they see the message. Not quite the same effect.

Edit - Just read a few pages back that if people installed the pack they can hear each other. I'll probably install it now just so i can hear em.

BestCharmie

Oh, lol. Thanks xD

Edit:

Rockey, I'm getting errors!

1st Question:
Is it:
$Pref::Custom::QuickChatVoice = T2Bot1
or
$Pref::Custom::QuickChatVoice = "T2Bot1"
?

2nd Question: Whai'd it shutdown? O_O

Edit:

Fixed. I just forgot to add ; at the end.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I'm more thna happy to help if someone is in process of doing that, but I'm not really planning to do it myself.

Vox

I'm more thna happy to help if someone is in process of doing that, but I'm not really planning to do it myself.

ok well i'm gettting a certain program that records audio soon so once i get that i can get the voices and send them to you if that would be alright

Disci

Old man
And you don't have to record the sounds yourself. :) Those files are already in your t:v folder.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Alright, did some pruning. Lets keep things on topic, any personal issues unrelated to the topic at hand can be dealt with in PM.