Would you want a melee weapon in legions ?

Do you want a melee weapon in legions ?

• Yes, I would try that *cookies*.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No, but I dont mind if its there for others.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Go back to Infinity Blade.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fixious

Test Lead
Melee weapons always have that annoying tendency to be 100x stronger than any other weapon in the game, and has the silly justification of 'well, you managed to get really close to him so I guess we'll reward you with a lightsaber!'. Plus, this would likely only encourage even more dueling, which is bad enough as-is. If the melee weapon/item focused on something other than dealing damage, then maybe.

Vox

If there were to be a melee of some sort incorporated into the game, I think a good idea would be to make it so it drains from your energy, however if you hit an enemy in a certain part of the body like the head or back it is a one hit kill.
Or if we are trying to avoid a damage dealing melee, I think Seymour brought up a great idea.

Jaymyster

I'm saving my vote because I'm a tad indifferent with the direction this addition could go in for legions. I'm in strong agreement with fixi's comment minus the part where the melee weapon shouldn't deal any damage at all. I am very against the idea of a melee weapon having a noticeable presence in legions, however I am very in favor of the idea of a petty melee attack of some sort that has the primary purpose of being your last resort. I have never fully been comfortable with the state of having no ammo and being forced to jump/dodge around till the next ammo box.

So yes, I am for a melee attack option, but a weak one that may be useful in dire situations (flag in between you and enemy at 7%, you don't want to blow both of you up so you melee). I would say the worst possibility of this addition would give players the potential to use the melee weapon as a primary weapon of choice (with a 'energy sword' or knifey play-style). I would also assume melee's to be different according to classes, but never to the degree that a class becomes worth using for the melee only, like I just mentioned.

Last edited:

Mr. Majestic

I am all for a melee weapon/action. You could add something like a kick or a gun-smash melee action. Or add a whole new weapon, like a lightsaber kinda thing, but then only make it available to the outrider (i couldn't picture a sentinel wielding death in a lightsaber form) or something like that. As for the melee weapon's damage, well i think it would depend on whether you are hitting a Outrider, Raider or Sentinel. As well as where you strike with the melee weapon, a hit from the back dealing more damage than a hit from the front sounds good.

But then if you were to make a cloak core, the melee weapon could be paired up with it to make a kind of assassin that sneaks up behind someone. But (now i'm thinking of tribes 2 here) a cloak has always annoyed me, invisi-freaks going around killing you like crazy (I'm talking to YOU smokesoul). So maybe if a cloak core is in the future of Legions then you can make it not fully cloaked (you can still sort of see the guy if you look carefully) and have it not last too long.

Hueman

I dont have any problem with using the dodge core as a melee weapon. Especially with the cooldown when you hit someone.