Where 's the other maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon Flux

Hey everyone! The manner in which I posted in the forums, and the way I conducted myself in-game was a quick/sure-fire way to get banned. Feel free to read below and learn from my mistakes. Maybe I'll see you around, just not in Legions!

With Love,
Aeon Flux/Amanita/SuckerBitch

Whats the problem, whats the hold up?.. They worked fine before. While were at it,. do we really need base to base Overdrive maps, kinda defeats the purpose of CTF. Theres an art to making CTF maps and the previous idiots, especially the fat fucks on the podcast, have no clue what its about. Im sure they're all for the OD base to base kinda *chocolate cookies*, thats shitty maps for this kinda game. The Zenith map is decent and works well with the jetpacks/Overdrive. As far as distance traveled and speed.

The maps im talking about are silly attempts at recreating Dangerous Crossing. Wanna know why DX worked the way it did? It had turrets, Period.

Legions has to much gaySauce on it.

As well, switch the rocket to a DISC launcher, yea it's not tribes. But sure the hell feels like a tribes game.

snob

That's a pretty dense perspective considering no one utilizes OD longer than to get to a safe distance from the base, and even then you'll leave with %60 or less of your HP intact. The maps you singled out, the base architectures, flag positions, terrains and scale don't mirror DX in any comprehensible way.

As for turrets, with the way the bases are for maps like nivosus and moonshine, I don't think it would hold merit.

Aeon Flux

So you agree with OD base to base? Someone will OD and be 75% to their base, is what I mean. Does compare to DX, enter one side exit out the other. Of course you could OD and be more than 50% towards your base by the time someone starts chasing.

Saucey Gay, they should sell that in a bottle.

I have no problem with the OD, its just the maps. They are *chocolate cookies*. And if I remember "OD WAS NOT EVEN THERE YET(in the game) ON THESE CURRENT MAPS". So what now?

snob

It's not as huge of a distance as you make it out to be, and I've seen players like unknown and sid surpass that speed with routes. I've also seen sufficient chasers intercept the flag from someone with an OD exit.

Strife

Maps will be here when they're here. I'm going to close this as answered before you make any more disparaging remarks.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, I'd like to reopen this thread and just make a few quick comments quick.

1. Totally agree that some of the previous map designs allowed or some rather kooky OD maneuvers that do need to be addressed (Nivosus being the prime example).

2. Fret not! You'll see the return of old maps (and much, much more).

3. Seymour's always been a fan of the idea of base assets (turrets, deployables, etc) being added to the game, and I like to believe that there can be a way to integrate them into Legions: Overdrive successfully without disrupting the "flow".

4. Also, please be respectful to other community members, and past developers. While we won't all disagree with the past design choices (be it map design or what have you), we should at least be respectful for each other.

5. Feel free to create a new thread with what you'd like to see in the game. I remember seeing you on a server (under another name, mind you), describing a loadout idea (or something along those lines), but unfortunately I missed out the majority of what you said (due to the business of ingame messages, etc), and there's not much Seymour loves more than to discuss gameplay mechanics!

Just be wary of the content in the post, we're not asking you to be a "Boy Scout" at all, we just ask that you're respectful in your comments towards others.

Status
Not open for further replies.