What is your opinion on SOPA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Really I am totally for SOPA, it is totally just and makes perfect sense! It will only help us.

Seriously though, is there anyone who actually uses the internet that doesn't oppose this?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
what's the point of this thread? To be a troll magnet? Seriously, anti-piracy in the sense of legality is good (though isn't so much in the cases of Volt is bored and wants to watch a show, but it isn't on and doesn't have the money :p ), but SOPA and PIPA are horribly written and incredibly vague.

Heartsong

I'm for SOPA. I think it's a wonderful thing and everyone against it is just unpatriotic.

We're protecting American jobs by stopping foreign thieves from pirating our intellectual achievements. It seems like a damned admirable attempt at protecting our entertainment industry.

-Zero-

you know they actually don't do half the things they say they will provide if this gets approved. and i bet they have hiding things under their lassesl (lol) and that is one reason why lots of CO. that make games are against it because they know what is hiding under. u know what. GET THE POINT? THAT'S WHY LOTS OF INTERNET co. DON'T WANT THIS LAW!

MightySheep

nobody is for SOPA, it is nothing to even take serious

wikipedia making it famous was not really necessary at all

wasn't going to get anywhere

WhiteHawk

How about you come to my house for somee Sopa (sope in spanish) cause that's the only kind of sopa anyone will ever like....who's with this mexican?

Propkid

1984.jpg

INGSOC much? :p

SOPA, PIPA...

and ACTA

And this thing:
YK32P.jpg

See the pattern?

Seems like this SOPA crap has made up my mind about which candidate is actually worthy of winning both the pre-elections and the elections. Ron Paul is the way to go if you want to stop this kind of bullshit.
:)

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I think that SOPA has good intentions at its core, but it is the wrong way to go about it. I vehemently oppose SOPA.

It was legislation written and purchased by massive entertainment corporations. I do believe in supporting artists, but SOPA takes this whole mess too far, and starts messing with the free exchange of ideas beyond intellectual property. Also, even if sites get blocked, you can go around the block if you know the server IP, so its not going to actually stop piracy.

Regrettably, while it seems like a stupid bill, and not worth mentioning, a majority of representatives support SOPA, so you really should call your senator and representative if they support the bill and you don't want it to be passed. That is, regrettably, all you can do as a voter right now, so do your part, because THAT is what patriotism is.

Status
Not open for further replies.