Like the idea?

• Yes

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters

the-champ

This could be fun..
was thinking about an underwater map with ship wreckage,watery effects(obviously) with bases for ctf in the form of big ship wreckage.Under water grass,the surface of water(vertically upwards) also as a boundary for the map and underwater hills.
I found this idea quite interesting and thought about posting it here.
What do you think?

A2

It is a good idea, but it still doesn't explains how we'll be able to gain speed and jet up and all that underwater. If it was just normal, then that wouldn't be realistic.
Otherwise, the concept of shipwreck on a different sort of terrain (ice maybe?) sounds interesting.

Bestking

It is a good idea, but it still doesn't explains how we'll be able to gain speed and jet up and all that underwater. If it was just normal, then that wouldn't be realistic.
Otherwise, the concept of shipwreck on a different sort of terrain (ice maybe?) sounds interesting.
Ice would be really cool,speed will be a massive gain and skidding everywhere

A2

I like the overall idea of an ice map. Or atleast 90% ice and the rest of it snow or whatever. And the ship-wrecks as bases and all is pretty cool. More like a shipwreck in Antarctica :p We could even have a little water here and there (not deep, just on the surface) that maybe slows you down, so you have to avoid them?
It could be a huge island. (the out of bounds being you falling off a cliff) Just throwing out some ideas. :p

the-champ

I like the overall idea of an ice map. Or atleast 90% ice and the rest of it snow or whatever. And the ship-wrecks as bases and all is pretty cool. More like a shipwreck in Antarctica :p We could even have a little water here and there (not deep, just on the surface) that maybe slows you down, so you have to avoid them?
It could be a huge island. (the out of bounds being you falling off a cliff) Just throwing out some ideas. :p
I think going for a water map will be something totally different from other maps,ice,snow etc make ground surface but underwater would be something completely new!

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
facepalm.jpg

57thRomance

How about if we have a map that takes place in an underwater dome? That way, we can have the same atmosphere without worrying about the physics part of the map.

Royalty

The Aussie
Basically this.

It's Antarctica. Ships stuck in icebergs are the bases. If you fall into the water you respawn/die (much like the old lava pool in Core). There are icebergs that float around and a few frozen lakes. Ideas?

Delpicy

I would just like to see the scenery on the map be useful in some way. The lava room with smoke coming out of it on ___(sorry, I'm bad with map names) serves no useful function, as it only has one entrance/exit. Also, the crossing tunnels on mirage? (again bad with map names), really serve no purpose as well, as you have to go out of your way to use them (plus, its so easy to shoot someone straight in fron of you). Yeah, I know the whole point is to use hills to go fast and what not, but the maps are starting to get boring to me. Also, the map with the big basin with the bridge in the center (that bridge is okay), has random bridges way off in the middle of nowhere and don't really serve even as eye candy. The one map I do think does a good job however with scenery is Elegiac? (I really got to learn those map names)...as the bridge and ammo stations on either side of it do get used.

Yeah yeah, scenery would just get in the way. Thats if we had your average joe scenery. How about scenery like a loop'd'loop (actually, this one would be more for kicks)? Or a little station that has a jumppad in the center? Or a "speed bump" that has a short ramp on either side, throwing you up in the air? Anyways, back on topic, I like Royalty's idea. Its got interactive scenery and geography, which is what my rant was about

A2

Basically this.

It's Antarctica. Ships stuck in icebergs are the bases. If you fall into the water you respawn/die (much like the old lava pool in Core). There are icebergs that float around and a few frozen lakes. Ideas?
Pretty much what I said :p
What I had in mind was, we're on this big island sort of thing, complete ice. Ship-wrecks serve as bases and other towers/objects etc. And the out of bounds thingy is the edge of the island, where you fall off to die/respawn OR we could just leave it as that honey-comb mesh at the outer border.
Since it is ice, I say there be some very slight sliding movement when we're not moving. Not too much, but a little. Will give the feel of being on ice.

Oh and a nice addition to this will be pools of water here and there i.e. if we go on em, you slow down a bit, so basically, you try to avoid them as much. It'd even look cool on an ice map.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
The skid would have to be massive after you stop skiing. The falling off thing would be a lot like Think Tanks, though I'm not sure if any of you have played that one.

A2

I did play that one. Yeah when you stop skiing, you shouldn't be able to come to a full stop that fast. Skidding would add reality to that kind of terrain.