Unconventional weapons

Libra

With all these new mods a few unconventional weapons could spice up game play

Smoke grenades/smoke screens: confuse the enemies near the flag stand rush in with a streak of smoke or throw down a couple of smoke nades it disables your ifv signal for a few seconds so the enemy has no idea which direction you came and left

Grappling hook: for those moments when you have no energy left to jet and an enemy is on your tail aim at any structure and fire used for quick evasion in those sticky situations

Flash bangs: used to disorient enemies toss one down and cover your eyes and ears it's bright and loud

Land mines, c4, and satchel charges: toss them down around your base or well known capper routes you can detonate them at will or let the mines do your dirty work for you

Emp grenades: shuts down and or disables all base assets and cores in range for a short period of time leaving you in the clear

Energy sapper: a net like trap thrown on the field saps the energy or of whoever passes over it

if you guys have any ideas for any other unconventional weapons feel free to discuss them here

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Not a fan of these except for mines and some form of EMP's. I'm hesitant to allow anything to disable cores aside from other cores though :/

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
There are a few weapons that are going on my back burner for a while that I may end up doing. Ion Rifles (drains energy) and Graviton Rifles (apply ultra-high impulse) are two of them. GR's would just be fun because you could either use them to hurl enemy cappers into the ground or launch your own cappers. Imagine someone launching their buddy with the GR and then that person crossing a jump pad. They'd be flying so fast lol... Probably really imba, but still :p

prometheus11

Yes... I like that idea a lot... it could easily get overpowered though... so it would need to be carefully balanced. Maybe only sents could carry GRs?

Libra

Maybe a catapult of some sort sends u speeding faster than the jump pad strap some c4 on your buddy and send him flying into the opposing teams base set the charge done lol

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Yes... I like that idea a lot... it could easily get overpowered though... so it would need to be carefully balanced. Maybe only sents could carry GRs?

lol no. Even though you aren't directly dealing damage, a single direct shot could probably set someone off course enough to kill a route.

Fixious

Test Lead
Mines have been suggested for like 20 years now. I supported them back on the IA forums and still do. Cappers usually chime in and say they'd be bad, only because they would force them to actually pay attention during their cap routes.

Mahidhar

Actually something like a Flashbang wouldn't be a bad addition to the game at all. Just imagine an Outrider Capper turning back while in flight, turning your screen white a couple of seconds and making for an escape/retaliation. You'd have no clue at all what's happening and can't do anything about it, other than to listen.

Delpicy

I don't know if these are "unconventional" weapons, but heres two ideas I've been thinking about...
Name: Shockwave
Description: No direct hit damage, all AoE. So, all ground pounding. Yet within its blast radius, its damages increases OUT from the center. So you want to hit someone just on the edge of the blast radius for max damage instead of right on them.
Inspiration: Skybolt. Its like the exact opposite really

Name: N/A
Description: This one is more complex. The faster you are going, the faster the rocket goes by a factor. So for example, if your going like 5 m/s, the rocket goes as slow as the mortar, but if your going 250+ m/s, its nearly as fast as the LR). The damage also increases with the faster your going, but more linearly and not as scaled. The rate of fire is the inverse of that, so if you fire going 5 m/s it becomes almost like a CG, but if you fire going 250 m/s its reload rate is as slow or slower than the LR. Lastly, I think it may also take a percentage of your speed every shot, making you want to use it more wisely, also variant dependening on your speed. Cannot be used standing still.

Just some ideas