Unable to close chatbox

Frost

Was doing mirage map and went to type about how the buildings were invisible/black, then someone switched the game to nivo and my half typed message stayed in the chat unsent in nivo. I could move but couldn't press "t" or "y" to type, and couldn't hit enter to send it. I also tried logging out of the server and back in but it was still there. Restarting launcher fixed the chat carryover

Daphinicus

Private Tester
I hear this is a recognized bug from a long time ago, but I figured I'd mention that it's still around. I had my chat window open, typing something in chat, when the server switched maps. After the reload, I couldn't chat anymore -- my half-typed message was still visible, complete with blinking cursor, but control has reverted to my character, and pressing the chat button didn't do anything.

moronval

Private Tester
If the chat box is left open while a game ends and loads into the next map in the rotation, it's unable to be closed or used once the next map is loaded. However you're still able to control your character with keys - as if it were closed.

LjuboM

i wrote o ma
i wanted to write o man!
and map went changing
and when map changed i tryed many ways but i just couldnt write anything anymore..
tryed letters or respawn or resume or exit...
everything :)..

ThermoDust

Confirmed, happened to me last night. If you are writing something when the map changes the chat window is stuck open and you can't type anymore till you close and restart the game.

LindN

Was doing mirage map and went to type about how the buildings were invisible/black, then someone switched the game to nivo and my half typed message stayed in the chat unsent in nivo. I could move but couldn't press "t" or "y" to type, and couldn't hit enter to send it. I also tried logging out of the server and back in but it was still there. Restarting launcher fixed the chat carryover
same thing happened to me just now, can't type in anything or press t/y to type, tried leaving and joining, didn't work, have to restart the game to remove it apparently

if you are typing (as in have the chat window open) and the game ends/ switches maps, in the next map the chat will still be open, but it will be frozen, unusable, and you cannot close it.

--Generic

HellzHere

If you use the chat when the game ended, it will be frozen and you can not cross it off next game. The only way to get rid of it is by exiting the whole game and not the server. This is a really annoying and I would be greatful if u can fix it when you got the time/asap.

Tom

If you use the chat menu and don't finish typing before a map change, it will permanently disable the menu. (Must restart the game.) When you go to the next map, your chat menu is still up, but you cant type in it and you can't reactivate the chat menu by pushing "T".

Tomstoiler

Its a bug I had twice, nothing really dramatic, but a bit annoying. When you press 't' to chat when the game is already over ( I think that causes the bug, I'm not sure) , in the next game you will be shown the chat window without being able of closing it or writing something in.