The Avengers

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Hoe Lee Sheet

The movie was *dancing* amazing. I tend to go to movies with a few things in mind.

1. Have a good time. Movies are movies, either a brain dead Bay film, or a well thought out extravaganza like War Horse (I liked it a lot, better then I thought). depending on what I expect I may or may not just turn off my brain and roll with it. I went and saw Lock Out and thought that it was a great movie with some flaws, a solid B-. (plus Guy Pearce made a great cocky hero)

2. Not pay attention to reviews if I am interested in the movie. I have found that some critics cant be trusted. ( I absolutely hate Ebert)

3. Look at the movie passively and as an after thought of how well it was put together. I find I enjoy even bad movies if they get the pacing and scenes right.

that said: The Avengers hit everything perfectly for me. It was a solid roller coaster ride that brought enough action (and a suprising amount of comedy) to the film. It was also paced well. Adding in some minor characters with little to no screen time was extremely well done. (Hawkeye and Black Widow). Every hero was given ample screen time and worked very well together. The director is great at keeping the movie intact.

What fallows is a quick scene discription(sp?) so it might be spoilerish, but I doubt it. someone confirm/deny that has seen the movie. - - -(one thing I really liked, and something that makes movies work better, is adding in little things then coming back to them in a small way. One example I thought was great was during the beginning, Fury asked Cpt. America to come with him to see some crazy things, CA responds that he already seen some crazy things and nothing will suprise him. Fury responds "10 bucks says you're wrong." A little later, they board the Helicarrier and after it lifts off from the ocean, CA walks by Fury dumbstruck while slipping him $10. - its things like that, that can make a movie better)

The Avengers is a really well done movie and I encourage people to see it. its *dancing* awesome. For those who have, what did you think?

NO SPOILERS!

57thEnryu

holy *dance*, I saw that last night, omg
IT
WAS
AWESOME!!!!
tumblr_m3h7vqEi6o1qav2wao1_500.png

3lionz

Legions Developer
Just seen it, Veeeeery good.

I suggest a poll for "best hero".
Everybody loves polls.

Also, is it just me, or do all of them suffer from teen-y angst apart from stark and hulk?

Vox

If anyone wants to send me money to buy a ticket i'll gladly go see it :D jk
This movie looks really good, has good reviews, so i'm gonna go see it asap.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

im not going to see this for ages but heard that cause UK had it released 1st US has 2 extra scenes added after credits! :(

Delpicy

"You were all big and green, you should go get yourself checked out because I think you got a condition!" Haha movie was epic. Like, LotR epic. Or Star Wars the original trilogy epic. And make sure you stay to the END of the credits, there's two credit scenes, one pretty early, and one at the end. And the last one is ... well, you will see :p

Mahidhar

I watch the latest animated series "Avengers" and therefore did not expect much from the movie. But one thing I really loved about it is that they so perfectly pulled off Hulk's comedic yet brutal side which exists in the animated series. Some of the few things I did not like were the guy who played Hawk Eye(didn't seem to fit in, felt a bit short) and the guy who played Hulk(would've liked either of the guys who played Hulk in movie 1 and 2. They had to change Hulk's face and hair according to how this guy looked.). I thought Scarlett Johanson was decent as the Black Widow.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I watch the latest animated series "Avengers" and therefore did not expect much from the movie. But one thing I really loved about it is that they so perfectly pulled off Hulk's comedic yet brutal side which exists in the animated series. Some of the few things I did not like were the guy who played Hawk Eye(didn't seem to fit in, felt a bit short) and the guy who played Hulk(would've liked either of the guys who played Hulk in movie 1 and 2. They had to change Hulk's face and hair according to how this guy looked.). I thought Scarlett Johanson was decent as the Black Widow.
Disagree with your actor dislikes. Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) played an awesome Hawkeye he was a badass assassin with some sarcastic quips just like in the comics. And Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) was the best Banner so far. Eric Bana (Hulk) sucked and so did the movie and Ed Norton (Incredible Hulk) was good but he isn't Banner, Banner is a shy nerd who has thinly veiled Rage issues. Also Norton's agent wanted too much for Avengers to pay so he lost out on the role, and no one offered the role to Bana because he sucked.