....Thanks

I wanted to say thanks again to the anomynous player who took the time to give me some tips the other night while playing on Elgiac. I've been playing for about a year now, and getting better is a slow process. During the year I've been playing, I've only ever seen someone do that once before. That person was Kevin, and he took about 20 minutes to help teach my 10 year old daughter the game. Every time she plays, Kevin is the only one she won't shoot at. Definately a couple of cool dudes; quite a few of the other players call me a "rookie", or an "idiot" every chance they get. Taunts are cool, when used with a little restraint, but hey guys and gals, don't forget about the compliments too! (That's another way to tell who's one of the good ones; check out how often Kevin tells someone "good shot", after they just smoked him-...a lot).

BlackHawk

Private Tester
This is a lie!!! He is sooo not nice, he always calls me a rookie when he owns me.

But in all honesty, kev really helps out other players that he sees struggling. He's the handyman kind of guy for
the new players.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Always glad to see people getting better.

But I'm /very/ (farken phone) happy to see vets and average players show some good heart. Too much taunting happens in this game.

(this past week I've had quickchat and regular chat turned off due to the retarded amount of taunting... And Lessing the amount of rage I get from dying due to sub par dueling skill as a HO/HoF :()

k e v i n

Private Tester
Make KEVIN community manager!really not kidding
thanks, but no thanks (i can't handle that responsibility):oops: , and besides we've alread got a CM who is awesome, and does a great job in the community, i think they know who they are:p

I wanted to say thanks again to the anomynous player who took the time to give me some tips the other night while playing on Elgiac. I've been playing for about a year now, and getting better is a slow process. During the year I've been playing, I've only ever seen someone do that once before. That person was Kevin, and he took about 20 minutes to help teach my 10 year old daughter the game. Every time she plays, Kevin is the only one she won't shoot at. Definately a couple of cool dudes; quite a few of the other players call me a "rookie", or an "idiot" every chance they get. Taunts are cool, when used with a little restraint, but hey guys and gals, don't forget about the compliments too! (That's another way to tell who's one of the good ones; check out how often Kevin tells someone "good shot", after they just smoked him-...a lot).

i'm gonna assume this is about me since i'm probably the only one who uses my own name for this game (cuz of my creative mind), and i know i've helped people out before...but honestly, i don't know who your daughter is, or if they were a girl or not.... that person (your daughter) seemed like a new player which is why i helped

Every time she plays, Kevin is the only one she won't shoot at.
no offense, but you should tell her to try and kill me if she is on the opposite team as me, it's just part of the game (especially when i have the flag)...trying to kill other people in this game does make you better player, and the only way to get better is to keep trying when you can't do something;)

also, thanks for the compliment (if i'm the person ur really talking about):oops: but there are wayyy more people in this game who are as "nice" as me, if not more, they're just not noticed...for example, all the guys above this post are all great guys that i've talked to before and have played with in game who are great players as well, and have actually helped me become a better player whether they know it or not:p

I've been playing for about a year now, and getting better is a slow process.
it really can be a very slow process since this game has such a steep learning curve...some guys (including myself) have been playing this game for years, and i still hear some of them saying they just reacently learned something in this game, which is a good thing...but i know how hard and frustrating this game can be without people helping you.... a good way to learn is basically just to ask people in game, many of them, if not 1 person will actually briefly stop playing and answer any question someone asks

you can also ask guys or girls(which we don't have many of) on teamspeak who are also great people and would help you learn A LOT with their "tips and tricks" for legions:p you can hop on and just idle around, or actually talk to people who are on there (most of them are nice)....the 3 teamspeak servers that i know of are

official legions ts3 server which is ts3.legionsoverdrive.com
LA- legal aliens ts3 server which is alienation.ts.nfoservers.com password is grumble
element town ts3 server which is elementtown.com:9987

Pure

Always glad to see people getting better.

But I'm /very/ (farken phone) happy to see vets and average players show some good heart. Too much taunting happens in this game.

(this past week I've had quickchat and regular chat turned off due to the retarded amount of taunting... And Lessing the amount of rage I get from dying due to sub par dueling skill as a HO/HoF :()

You're not alone trust me quickchat has been disabled for months I don't see why there has to be taunts any way players abuse the *chocolate cookies* out of 'em the only ones in my book are cff cfr and cgb.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I turn the sound off from quickchat, much better. FIXI, I THOUGHT OF A BUG. THE TEAM ONLY OPTION DOESN'T WORK?!

MJ1284

You're not alone trust me quickchat has been disabled for months I don't see why there has to be taunts any way players abuse the *chocolate cookies* out of 'em the only ones in my book are cff cfr and cgb.

I though you're supposed to spam [Rookie!] & [Owned!] & [Idiot!] much as you can after every single kill (and likewise [Lucky Shot] whenever you get killed, especially when you get killed by ground pound or chaingun). I mean, why else would they have 50 taunts and only 4 compliments?

s3YOLOSWAGg

I though you're supposed to spam [Rookie!] & [Owned!] & [Idiot!] much as you can after every single kill (and likewise [Lucky Shot] whenever you get killed, especially when you get killed by ground pound or chaingun). I mean, why else would they have 50 taunts and only 4 compliments?
i think it is supposed to build self ego... but in reality is makes people target you more xD