Team Rabbit

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Team Rabbit v1.0.0

download
A new legions game mode inspired by the popular tribes game mode: team rabbit. Pass the flag among your team for points.

EU Official Server - [DE] Harabec TRabbit
Installation
Simply extract the zip file to your live directory, if successful it should create the following files:
live\server\game\gameTypes\teamrabbit.cs
live\server\game\gameTypes\teamrabbit\TRBonuses.cs

You can then run the command
Code:
AdminChangeMission(mapname, teamrabbit);
to play on your server or you could change your live\client\gui\scripts\gameMenu.cs to give you the gametype of teamrabbit on the create game screen.

How to play
Points are scored by passing the flag among your team or intercepting the other team's throws. The more complicated the pass, the more points your team gets. The passes are evaluated and given a name which corresponds directly to their score, for example a simple "Turtle's Throw" is worth a measly 1 point whereas if you can pull off a "Deranged Apollo's Elite Glass Smash" (the top pass in the gamemode) you score your team a whopping 104 points. There are also score multipliers such as bouncing the flag off the map border and passing consecutively without touching the ground. The easy way to score points when beginning playing though is to always aim to pass and catch with speed and to catch at height. More on pass scoring below...

There also some flag events specific to team rabbit.
Go-go Gadget Grab (G4) - When on the same team, MA'ing the flag carrier transfers the flag to you.
Go-go Gadget Give Grab (G5) - MA'ing a team-mate while holding the flag gives it to him.
Kidney Steal - Body-blocking the enemy flag carrier transfers the flag to you.
MA - MA'ing the enemy flag carrier forces him to drop it.

Thanks
Thanks to the following:
Solid - Testing
Fox - Testing
Dabbleh - Testing
3lionz - Pointing out my dumb mistakes
Fixious - Making some quick maps for us to test on
Application-1 - Hosting the test games when my internet *danced* up
Disci - Because he feels left out
Codality, Inc - Original script.

And thanks to anyone I've forgotten and all the people that have played the
games we ran in the testing stage.

Changelog
1.0.0 - Cleaned up and commented code. -- Current release

Scoring
The scoring system for passes can be quite complex, but if you want to do very well you've got to know how to get the most points. Each pass name always has two parts, a noun and a description. In our earlier example of the simple pass, the "Turtle's Throw", we had those two parts:
  • "Turtle's" is the noun and is worth 1 point.
  • "Throw" is the default description and isn't worth any points.
The pass names can have up to 4 parts, a prefix, a noun, a qualifier and a description. The best pass in the game, the "Deranged Apollo's Elite Glass Smash", obviously contains all four parts:
  • "Deranged" is the prefix and is worth 8 points.
  • "Apollo's" is the noun and is worth 44 points.
  • "Elite" is the qualifier and is worth 24 points.
  • "Glass Smash" is the description and is worth 28 points.
Each part of the name of a pass refers to a different aspect of the pass, so:
  • Prefixes refers to the orientation of the catcher when they catch the flag, facing backwards = more points. Facing forwards = no prefix.
  • Nouns are scored based upon the speed of the passer and the speed and height of the catcher. Obviously higher and faster means more points.
  • Qualifiers are given for passes that hang in the air or are travelling at speed when they are caught. The longer the hangtime and the faster the pass the more the points.
  • Descriptions are complicated as they describe the general directions within the pass, they give bonuses based upon the direction the passer throws the pass, the direction the passer is travelling and the direction the catcher is travelling. In general, throwing while travelling horizontally gives the most points, as does throwing it perpendicular to the direction you're travelling and also catching it perpendicular to the angle the flag is moving.
These categories can be combined in a lot of different ways to produce many different passes with their own value each.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Bugs
There still might be a few bugs left within the script as it has been a little while since we've had a big game and tested. Feel free to post any bugs you encounter while playing and I'll try and get them fixed as soon as possible.

Video
Here's a video by Fixious showcasing some of the gameplay in team rabbit:

Maps:
Here are some rabbit specific maps you may need to play on servers such as fixious':

Disci

Old man
It's about *dancing* time.

AND THANKS FOR THE "THANKS" AFTER I EXPLAINED HOW THE GAME MOD WORKS. I LITERALLY SPEND HOURS TYPING THAT ESSAY. :(

Belberith

Legions Developer
Awesome job, guys!

or you could change your live\client\gui\scripts\gameMenu.cs to give you the gametype of teamrabbit on the create game screen.
You will also have to modify server/preferences/config.cs to accomodate the new mission file.

Fixious

Test Lead
Creating decent Rabbit maps is super easy as well. If I could rename maps properly and get them to work I'd release tons of them.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Awesome and addictive gametype.

Now hosted in NL! Haven't set up monit yet, so if it crashes, it's not coming back up until someone nudges me.

Application-1

test bester
I am remaking that trabbit map I made aswell (deleted it after me and xzanth lost interest in the trabbit mod). Should be up in a week or so.

Fixious

Test Lead
Nigh unplayable if you're in the US. Will likely stay away from it for the time being, until a US host appears.

Armageddon

Teapot
Played it with a steady 110 ping, it was like playing on the westcoast for me, wasn't too bad and was able to rack up 400+ points in 15 mins.

Fixious

Test Lead
After playing on a US server (well, my server to be specific) with 8 people, I'd encourage all to try it out. If you can get into a game without any major lag it can be pretty fun.