T:A, who's playing?

Noober

First time i've played it i said "omg what is this *chocolate cookies*? so slow and rigid" yesterday i've played a match with legions after 1 month of tribes ascend and i say "omg, impossible it's so fast!" :eek:

however servers are full of noobs lol. and the dev made the big error to give point for flag return so everyone to chase, everyone want to return.
It have a lot of bug too, and higher ping than legions.
But i'm enjoying to play.. and there's a lot of member of my old tribes italian community

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
I maxed out few classes and already of good grasp of the game. Firstly I like to say its own animal in some ways conjoined from various elements from the tribes series and has some legions influence in it. But it also has COD influence, but not that its a bad thing. I do recall they needed to introduce new players so this is why they did it. Disc launchers are still the big win over any other weapon (assuming you can aim). Also on side note, 3rd person actually is alot better for adjusting your aim patterns. It also feels good for capping and also aids for shooting hit scan weapons that I thought were useless until I could see the projectiles and adjust my aim accordingly.

Now if they could only release some more maps like desert type maps and release the other armor classes.
EDIT: Also unlocking skills and perks makes the game alot better.... think of it as newb training and building up your skills and eventually after you fight tooth and nail you gain some skills. I started out in fatty, live long enough to learn how to aim. Also cap better cause i used fatty to cap:p

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
even when its hit scan they don't hit the reticle you have to adjust fire.. just like ultra renegades.. oh wait you guys probably dont know that means :p

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
hmm i get somewhere between 60-120 depending on server..

they have fps cap and seems everyone is on same page.. lanthus plays with me all the time and he gets averge of 120-150 and he has same kills/skills if not more then me playing.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Aaaand, how do you think is the FPS cap (which does exist) related to what we've been talking about (= hitscan is hitscan)?

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
duno think it levels playin field.. as far as hit scan.. doesn't bother me.. in order for someone hitscan they have to be close enough to remain on target with you and by then you can simply disc them or whatever skilled weapon you have and end their glory.

RedInk

I guess I failed to remember about mentioning this, Thanks GReaper for the beta key you gave me over IRC a couple weeks ago!

Add me guys: redink

I entered a tribes ascend beta key giveaway competition on Youtube: funniest 2 comments win a key each. I posted 2 funny comments with different accounts and i ended up winninhg both keys 0.0 now i have an extra beta key. Anyone want?

Gheist

King of all Goblins
duno think it levels playin field.. as far as hit scan.. doesn't bother me.. in order for someone hitscan they have to be close enough to remain on target with you and by then you can simply disc them or whatever skilled weapon you have and end their glory.
So, again, how is that related to you having to lead with hitscan weaponry?