Sweat Dissolving my Mouse?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, as most of you might guess, I spend a bit more time at my computer than most people. As such, I spend a great deal of my life with my hand on my mouse. Now, hyperhydrosis runs in my family (yay -_-) so my hands will randomly start getting that way from time to time.

I've known for years that my sweat always smells vaguely acidic and for a while now, I've had a nice mouse that I use for everything for about a year. In that time, the rubber components (the places on the mouse where the heel of the palm and the thumb reside) have been slowly dissolving, leaving the thing potmarked and looking just generally bad. At some point, it'll eat all the way through it I'm sure. Is there anything I can actually do to avert this?

Application-1

test bester
images

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I have mesh socks and mesh shoes and it still isn't uncommon for my feet to prune from just walking around on a normal day so I'd really like to avoid anything that does that to my hands as well.

Oh, and I'm allergic to latex anyways :p

SNAKEOPS

Well, as most of you might guess, I spend a bit more time at my computer than most people. As such, I spend a great deal of my life with my hand on my mouse. Now, hyperhydrosis runs in my family (yay -_-) so my hands will randomly start getting that way from time to time.

I've known for years that my sweat always smells vaguely acidic and for a while now, I've had a nice mouse that I use for everything for about a year. In that time, the rubber components (the places on the mouse where the heel of the palm and the thumb reside) have been slowly dissolving, leaving the thing potmarked and looking just generally bad. At some point, it'll eat all the way through it I'm sure. Is there anything I can actually do to avert this?

This might be better asked to a dermatologist, (had to use right click spell checker for it lol) than random people over the internet. No offense.

Karnage

Private Tester
Yeah, you probably just need a better mouse as some have suggested. I have a gaming mouse and it comes with interchangeable exteriors i.e. I can change the outside cover of the mouse for another cover that came with it. If you saved up a bit that would probably be your best solution.

Edit: Mouse is a Logitech G-series mouse...

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Had this same mouse for like 4 years now, it was £30 and all that's happened is the sides have like smoothed out whereas before they were matte.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Volt. You have acid for hands. I fail to see the problem here. Just go rob a crapload of mice with your awesome powers.