Swamp Map?

Vinzyboy23

I would like to see a swamp map in Legions.

It could have muddy areas, caves, little trees and rocky towers, and It could look really good with some hills on the map, that would be cool but it could have a rainy weather and muddy terrain.

havocblitz

Vinzy dont be so hurry to see another map cause we just got one new map so we must give the developers a break to think about what they are going to do next. :D

A2

I would like to see a swamp map in Legions.

It could have muddy areas, caves, little trees and rocky towers, and It could look really good with some hills on the map, that would be cool but it could have a rainy weather and muddy terrain.
Atleast a rough sketch of it would give us a little more idea of what you are talking about.

masterluso

I was actually thinking how awesome trees would be a few days ago....
Anyway, cuz I'm curious, what kind of caves? Natural or Mirage-like? Would mud slow you down if you weren't skiing? Would rainy weather create low visibility? I don't expect a map like this to be made anytime soon, with the game not being out yet and Gorge to probably come before it, but I like the idea.

Dacil

Atleast a rough sketch of it would give us a little more idea of what you are talking about.
yeah give us a drawing of sorts, esp the towers you mentioned and main swamp area....it is premature to be wanting a new map already but hey, I'm all for creative thought so I'm gonna encourage you to plan it out more on paper, and who knows it could be pretty sweet

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Uh... First off, I can't really see how adding trees would do anything aside from make it more difficult to ski and possibly detract from the realism (contrary to popular belief). You see, when you add trees, yes, they can act as a scale, by which to measure things, but everything else is like the ground or a metal tower. When you shoot them, nothing happens. I common sense dictates that a legionairre's rocket+tree=no more tree. Problem is, destructible items are hard to create in such a way as to make them realistic.

Next on the list is mud. We don't even have water yet, let alone other viscious liquids. Water is something I'd like to see one day [but not yet].

Then comes rain. This might pose an issue for GPU's, idk. It would depend on the way it would be coded. If it was just drawn directly in front of the camera, it would be less realistic, but it would also require far less. From there, an increase in fog ought to do the trick for long range. Rain could be cool, but once again, there are more pressing issues.

Of course the idea of rock towers and whatnot is fine, but my major complaint with this idea is plantlife. there are vines, trees, and various other green things that wouldn't work well IMO in a game like Legions.

Freeman

RAYTANG
Then comes rain. This might pose an issue for GPU's, idk. It would depend on the way it would be coded. If it was just drawn directly in front of the camera, it would be less realistic, but it would also require far less. From there, an increase in fog ought to do the trick for long range. Rain could be cool, but once again, there are more pressing issues.
There was rain on bladerun and it wouldn't pose an issue for GPU's.

trees would be awsome...
Foliage is very expensive to render and trees would only get in the way of game play.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
There was rain on bladerun and it wouldn't pose an issue for GPU's.

Foliage is very expensive to render and trees would only get in the way of game play.

I really don't remember that lol... Was that within the last few months before Legions went offline? I kinda took a hiatus then and came back to no Legions and really do not remember it before that. Oh well...

Anyways, I hadn't thought of that. I was just thinking of realism and general gameplay, but poly counts and textures could cause problems too, especially if they move.

stefygraff

Private Tester
I really don't remember that lol...

The rain was there, that's why that map was so damn laggy for me! But the problem was that it was an unnoticeable rain... that rare transparent stuff coming from the sky could of been anything. I actually realized that that was rain when i stopped playing for a wile!

Thing is with the swamp map that its hard to maintain it, and will also have more lag for sure! Lets stick to maps like Gorge and not rush the near future !

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Trees and I assume in a swamp you would want water. These are two bad ideas, sorry friendo.

Vinzyboy23

Vinzy dont be so hurry to see another map cause we just got one new map so we must give the developers a break to think about what they are going to do next. :D
I didn't mention that I'm rushing them

Trees and I assume in a swamp you would want water. These are two bad ideas, sorry friendo.
I didn't mention water either, sorry guys, but I mean if making a swamp map, the land would have a muddy texture with lilies or vegetation on it.

Vinzyboy23

At least a rough sketch of it would give us a little more idea of what you are talking about.
What about a picture? You'll see what I mean.

Oldswamp.jpg

while I would Hate to see forests, clusters of trees would look nice, and be hazards to avoid (or hide in).
After all, they've worked in t2 and TV.

That still leaves the issue of scaling though.
You could make them any size really, they are Alien trees after all. :p