So... are you guys for real?

sh4rkb1t3

There were at least 2000 people playing legions on IA. Maybe not hardcore, playing PUGs, and posting on the forums. But if 200 people donated $10, that would probably be enough to run the game for a year. Which is a very fair price to pay, considering most games cost $60...

Fahrenheit451

Legions Developer
We'll be exploring different modes of promotion and advertisement once we get everything sorted with release. Focus is definitely still development and release.

Redvan

Private Tester
just out of curiosity, what does IAC think of all this? Not trying to rain on any parades, just would rather be sure things are sorted out before people go gettin in trouble.

@ sharkbait, ok, perhaps there were 2000. But that includes people who only played once and then left.

sh4rkb1t3

just out of curiosity, what does IAC think of all this? Not trying to rain on any parades, just would rather be sure things are sorted out before people go gettin in trouble.

@ sharkbait, ok, perhaps there were 2000. But that includes people who only played once and then left.

If you could those people, I'd put it closer to 10,000.

Vustom

There were at least 2000 people playing legions on IA. Maybe not hardcore, playing PUGs, and posting on the forums. But if 200 people donated $10, that would probably be enough to run the game for a year. Which is a very fair price to pay, considering most games cost $60...
How many of them would be playing if the game wasn't free? I think you can do the maths. :eek:

Redvan

Private Tester
How many of them would be playing if the game wasn't free? I think you can do the maths. :eek:
hard to do math with completely imaginary numbers (not the mathematical definition of imaginary numbers).

but very valid point none the less.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
FYI: In the month or two before Legions went down, the custom servers (Nanus) saw 1200 unique players. These servers were also not prioritized over the official dedicated servers in the server list.

Vustom

FYI: In the month or two before Legions went down, the custom servers (Nanus) saw 1200 unique players. These servers were also not prioritized over the official dedicated servers in the server list.
I wasn't on IA within it's last few months online, was moving houses. But sounds interesting. c:

Redvan

Private Tester
Are you sure they aren't the smurf accounts of 150 people in the Nanu Nanu servers?
I know I had at least 3 names going.

Bugs, by unique players, is that based off of IP? Or player name? And if IP, wouldn't dynamic IP register multiple hits for a single person? (not sure how those work)

Mahidhar

That was my doubt, too. As far as I know, people already started leaving for other games, at the end, and the Nanu Nanu servers weren't really so great as to be filled by twelve hundred different players. If so, that's commendable.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
I know I had at least 3 names going.

Bugs, by unique players, is that based off of IP? Or player name? And if IP, wouldn't dynamic IP register multiple hits for a single person? (not sure how those work)
User IDs but no guests were allowed. IPs were not tracked.