Sniper hit range

Hueman

I remember that when you would hit some one with the sniper it would record the distance very similar to MAs. I don't know if this would be hard to do, but Ive hit some people pretty far away and I would have loved to know the range. Thanks.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
yeah, occasionally I get the same thought "How far away?" Though what would also be cool (and this is just one thought) but how fast the target was before being sniped, though if that's not feasible...

Hueman

yeah, occasionally I get the same thought "How far away?" Though what would also be cool (and this is just one thought) but how fast the target was before being sniped, though if that's not feasible...
Might just be my imagination, but I remember in the original legions it told distance and speed. So yep, its a good idea.

LindN

I remember that when you would hit some one with the sniper it would record the distance .
what IA did you play on?

also this should be possible but fear tells me this would encourage osnipers to be.... more osniperish

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I don't see why it would encourage osnipers. Does a report of how far an MA was encourage people to LO, more? I don't think so, perhaps that's not the greatest argument, but osnipers are still going to be treated the same. I doubt they osnipe for the bragging rights. Most people osnipe because they think they are making a difference, at least I did. Somebody, I can't remember who, pointed out the futility, so I worked on being a defensive asset instead. I see no reason that reporting distance or speed is going to urge on the osnipers.