Share Your Experience

DudeofDeath

My experience is Legions is pretty cool, and the team has done a great service to all of us by bringing it back, at the same time it seems to be lacking something, but they aren't done yet either.

I really hate the turbo crap, fun for cappers, but seems to ghey the game up in my opinion. (Never liked it from the start really). Cappers seem to have little resistance to body blocks with it on, and the game seems to favor offense too much. I've only played 6 to 8 games so maybe the opinions premature, but that's it on first impression.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
My experience is Legions is pretty cool, and the team has done a great service to all of us by bringing it back, at the same time it seems to be lacking something, but they aren't done yet either.

I really hate the turbo crap, fun for cappers, but seems to ghey the game up in my opinion. (Never liked it from the start really). Cappers seem to have little resistance to body blocks with it on, and the game seems to favor offense too much. I've only played 6 to 8 games so maybe the opinions premature, but that's it on first impression.

Took me a long time to understand how Overdrive wasn't insanely overpowered. It basically comes down to a couple things:
  1. It takes a fair amount of skill (though not an insane amount) to use a route that a) properly gets you up to speed and b) puts you in the correct position to use overdrive.
  2. It takes a fair amount of skill (though again, not a HUGE amount) to properly aim overdrive and let you grab the flag without smashing into a wall.
  3. The entire position of "Chaser" EXISTS to counter cappers. Just because someone OD's their way through a flag grab doesn't mean that flag is capped -- far from it.
All that aside, it can be a pain in the NECK if you have someone on the other team that's particularly good at it. But that's what practice is for. =)