Server Sizes

What size would you like the pub test servers to be?

• Remain at 16 (8v8)

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Revert back to 24 (12v12)

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frost

The size of the servers especially the public test servers keeps changing, with it now being at 16. Personally I believe that at this time it should be kept at 24 for a few reasons.
  1. The community is small as it's still in live development, it's rare that there's enough people for two 8v8 pubs to run simultaneously
  2. Most people check the server and if it's full, will log instead of waiting around in an empty pub for others to join
  3. 12v12 while not necessarily the most fun ever, allows for the maximum amount of people to play without it being insanely ridiculous
I don't want to hear any "well clearly you haven't played 12v12 on frostbyte" or similar arguments because yes, I have, and there's been some good and some bad.

For those that don't understand this thread: The point of it is not for personal benefit but to have more people playing the game, and less wait time for those aiming for a quickie. It can be changed when we get a bigger community.

Try and stay on topic with no flaming or name calling. I'm probably not going to bother with discussing other peoples thoughts since some of the community are extremely hot headed? So feel free to post whatever you want, except Ucan, he can't post.

p.s I don't want to hear about mortar spam either, it happens regardless.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Not so sure about a 24 upper limit, but 16 does feel too small for public test. I have seen American servers run with 20 people in the past, I'd love to see that more, especially in Euro's

Mots0311

With 24 people running amok the game gets really disorganized and loses focus. Also the game just runs slower for me as well. I find the best games are with smaller numbers, you have to work a lot harder but its more fun.

Propkid

8v8 is too small, 12v12 was too big. I'm kinda with Fireblasto here.
I op for 10v10. But I still find 8v8 better than 12v12.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
In large maps a 12 vs 12 match could be played quite well, in small maps it could get overcrowded, and as previously said 'a little disorganised.
Plus, it can get pretty laggy in Pub Test servers with too many users.

10 vs 10 is fine by me too.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Add a 10 v 10 option. I hate it when the server is full (which happens all too often).

10 v 10 is perfect for those larger maps. Sure, some smaller maps might get a little crowded, but it's not that bad.