REQUEST: How to mod skins on Photoshop 7

Royalty

The Aussie
I've had a look at Troopers thread, but his process doesn't work. I use Photoshop Elements 7 on windows. Could someone please make a vid showing me how to mod skins? Thanks

Pure

Its not that different go onto youtube find some tutorials you ll be able to figure out something that s how learned to use PhotoShop Cs5.:p

Exactly... his process does work, other people have followed his method and have made skins that way. Don't ask for someone to serve the process to you on a silver platter, put in some effort yourself and google a few tutorials.

Royalty

The Aussie
I understand Troopers guide. However the is one step which doesn't work.

on the layer panel, control + click in the preview, this should select all the edges of this layer
now invert the selection (selection-->invert)

tut6.jpg

select the metal layer and hit CANC to delete everything out of the cutted off piece edges
tut7.jpg
This is when I get stuck. Firstly there is no cancel button. Someone told me it is the normal "backspace" button, but when I hit that it deletes the whole metal picture, not the cut off bit. Help?

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
everything is done in layers... and you create each thing on separate layers so that anything you want to take away you can either hide the layer or delete it. Your just going have to familiarize yourself with all the settings as i did when i was a newb many many moons ago. we didnt have things like youtube when i was just starting out so thats a definately plus, just learn to do entry level tutorials on various things before trying make skins... otherwise your going to be beating yourself in the head with rachet trying figure things out.