[Request] Flag throw charge bar.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Eh...?
If you don't actually bother to try and understand then don't. But here goes once more.

There is always lag when you communicate with the server, yes. So you'll see the flag swooping from your hand after server has tossed it from your hand.
However, there is no "Start charging nauw" message ever sent to the server. The only command you'll send to the server when you throws the flag is "Throw this *dancing* thing with the speed of 0.45, please".

Just like when you type to a chat. The text you type appears instant locally as you type the line, but when you send the message to the server it won't appear to the chat untill server has dealt with the data you sent.
In this example the "chargeup time" is the time it took you to type the message. And the flag gets thrown/chat gets shown with set text after server recieves the data you sent.

Mahidhar

Well, that's what I was trying to say. The normal time I take the flag to charge is x and the server lag is y, it takes me x+y to actually throw. I just thought that the same would apply for the start of the process; I press Q. Two seconds later, Server: player pressed Q, start charging. I understood that, that part doesn't exist, and is done internally, with your previous post. I only posted about the lag test, because I also assumed that, when you said there would be no lag, you included the server lag as well.

Disci

Old man
nimetn-19.jpg

edit: Damn quick posters!