Remove Stygian from PUBLIC rotation?

• YES

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • NO

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Stygian just feels painfully unoptimized for skiing... Jagged (unfinished) edges, no straight bowls..
Also it gets a load of complaints when it comes up on pub.

yes i used the wrong map name before, god damet

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I guess so next update ? I don't like it myself either and seems majority don't and no voiced objections.

Jaymyster

I see stygian and sleepwalker to be the black and white of how maps can be made in the sense that Stygian is very steep whereas sleepwalker is incredibly flat. Both maps gain particular interest of different players accordingly. Me, I like stygian's steepness as it wonderfully places bodies flying in the air for me to snipe, and I hate sleepwalker for how much less it leaves people in the air due to its flatness.

I really can't see either of these maps ever becoming normal maps in the rotation because of how much push-back they will pretty much always get. (myself even for sleepwalker) That's why I recommended stygian for .1 map weight but the frequency seemed to be more than that from what I remember. I know certain players of our community will still love either of these maps so I don't see why map weight can't go in the hundreth's place (i.e .05, .07, .09).

Of more importance though, please change the rotation on the TDM server. Blade run is still on there from when it was a TR server.

Last edited:

Vox

Stygian is way to jagged of a map to stay in the rotation in my opinion. Maybe if it was flattened out a tad bit it would be a better map.