Download [RELEASE] LrX - A Laser Rifle Package

MJ1284

Make a soundpack consisting of lightsabre acivation "Bzzt!" noises, that would go along well with new rets & beam colors.

Lin

I can't do sounds at all. my sense of cool sounds is utterly terrible.

and red. hmmmm. might do a recolor, although cyan would defs be first.

Haptic

Make a soundpack consisting of lightsabre acivation "Bzzt!" noises, that would go along well with new rets & beam colors.
Here: Sounds
Just the Shot and Burn (idk what that is) sounds. The others aren't really used much since it isn't a charge sniper anymore. (besides the out of ammo sound that used to be the "done charging" sound). Place the contents in "\live\legions\data\sound\weapons\LaserRifle". Overwrite the existing and set the new ones to "read only", or else they will get overridden.

Lin

Tried em out. I usually don't have the sound on much, but its looking good. or should I say sounding good?

MJ1284

Here: Sounds
Just the Shot and Burn (idk what that is) sounds. The others aren't really used much since it isn't a charge sniper anymore. (besides the out of ammo sound that used to be the "done charging" sound). Place the contents in "\live\legions\data\sound\weapons\LaserRifle". Overwrite the existing and set the new ones to "read only", or else they will get overridden.

Whoa, I didn't expect anyone to make the soundpack!

It's nice but if you have some side movement/try sniping in midflight you'll hear audio "tearing" (dunno better word to describe it).. not quite the Lightsabre draw I had in mind but close enough to warrant use :)

Rain

Anyone want to help me out..I can't get it to work, I've copied it correctly at least 20 times, yet it still shows the original, I'm not even sure if the original is even saved anymore >.>

Lin

First of all, are you talking about the reticle, or the skin? Or the sound?

In general (but only for my stuff):
I think its packaged so you can just extract to the live folder, and everything will go where it needs to go.
If that doesn't work, then you should be able to simply copy and paste. Can you tell me which folder you are putting it in?
The sniperrifle.dds file will not replace sniperrifle.dts. I don't know why, but it seems as if the game takes the .dds file first. So I would recommend not deleting sniperrifle.dts. Another issue may be that you didn't restart legions. Was legions running while you did this copying? If so, try it out after restarting.
If none of the above applies to you, I honestly have no idea what to say. Try redownloading? may have been a bad download or something.

I'm not even sure if the original is even saved anymore >.>
Don't worry. The updater will put the original back in if its really not working. All you have to do is delete the files and click update.

Rain

I put them in the write folder my friend, I'm putting it in urhm. Desktop\Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data\shapes\weapons\sniperrifle Etc. Didn't delete the .dts file. I did restart legions. It's not a bad download either, this happens with Any skin mod it seems. And the explosion mod, don't recall the name though. It's very strange, it's a pick and choose it seems for which mods work and which don't.

Haptic

I put them in the write folder my friend, I'm putting it in urhm. Desktop\Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data\shapes\weapons\sniperrifle Etc. Didn't delete the .dts file. I did restart legions. It's not a bad download either, this happens with Any skin mod it seems. And the explosion mod, don't recall the name though. It's very strange, it's a pick and choose it seems for which mods work and which don't.
Did you set it read only?

Lin

Yea, the question was actually answered in another thread. he went ahead and changed the thing to a .7z extension, which worked out.

skypredator

Must try. Seriously, I like that! That's got to be the first LR ret besides the defaults that I've loved!

Edit: Could we please re-name this ret the "Aimbot Reticle"? Because, seriously, it almost aims for you if you know how to use a LR. ;D It's quite fantastic, Lin!