Ravine / Wintermelt Feedback

k e v i n

Private Tester
Well as I had told ucan, I like the bases on Ravine. I just find that the side for routes are a bit weird, even to start a route seems a bit weird too.

Fixious

Test Lead
The Ravine flag stand / base is a bit barren, in my opinion. It could use a few items to spice things up and maybe help defense a bit, since it's so open.

5RXG5V1.png

Jello

Contributor
The Ravine flag stand / base is a bit barren, in my opinion. It could use a few items to spice things up and maybe help defense a bit, since it's so open.

Smoothing, and that giant tree......gotta uncheck that polySoup box and also on WinterMelt too, uncheck that box:mad:

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Smoothing yes, tree isn't actually in the way of anything so it doesnt really matter. For both maps.

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
What would be ideal is if only the main trunk of the tree had collision. That way you could pass through the trees without coming to an instant stop. Now if you really wanted to get fancy you could put a trigger in the leaves that simply slowed you down a bit when entering it. I think something like this exists for water.

Jello

Contributor
What would be ideal is if only the main trunk of the tree had collision. That way you could pass through the trees without coming to an instant stop.

I've tried that in the past and I could never do it....unless I wasn't doing it correctly

Now if you really wanted to get fancy you could put a trigger in the leaves that simply slowed you down a bit when entering it. I think something like this exists for water.

I don't think there's a trigger for that..... I've also tried to do this in the past, and I think it's set as default for the water to slow you down.

I think the top of the hills in middle on either side needs to be slanted somehow at top to allow you to go in a certain direction, either towards enemy base or friendly base.

Fixious

Test Lead
Leave the team index at -1 so it affects both teams. I don't know why I changed it to 0. Habit, I guess.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I feel like maps should have a distinct mid that facilitates LO getting to enemy base and Chasers with multiple cutoff options but this..

highways.jpg

Last edited:

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I agree, I think the mid needs to be reworked pretty heavily. Having easy llmama's / OD routes means that other forms of capping are less effective the majority of the time.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I agree, I think the mid needs to be reworked pretty heavily. Having easy llmama's / OD routes means that other forms of capping are less effective the majority of the time.

Every map has OD routes.. llama superhighways are even worse because even very sub par LO skiing can get it done like a champ. There are no hills to negotiate, no OD, nothing difficult at all and midfield picksups are very easy.