Quick Chat cap/limit

Its not even 24 hours after the release of the quick chat that we already have people who timed the spam filter so they can keep using the quick chat over and over without getting blocked.

I suggest maybe a limit of how many times you can use quick chat within a certain time period i.e. 3 times max per minute or something because its REALLY annoying and frustrating when you have someone on your team or in general who's just non stop spamming "Power up!" or some nonsense.

snob

nYE0w.png

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Shouldn't have to disable the sounds, just because of stupid QC spammers. I find QC actually really irritating, but, whatever.

Votemute QC for certain players. Or just make the timeout timer longer.
Or get admin to summon Prometheus to *chocolate cookies* rockets up their ass.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
I could just package muted .mp2 files for taunts and anything else if you want.
I don't want to not hear the sounds, I want people to respect their proper use, for co-ordinated gameplay, personally I think the taunts encourage this 'spamming' behaviour.

Hop on Legions IRC from the link at the top, call up Gheist/SeymourGore (the most active peeps on IRC with admin powers imo), and watch the spammer get what he deserves.

Lin

Alright. Not until now have i played a game where quickchat was actually really abused. three guys sitting behind the base spamming out "lucky shot" and "idiot" I mean really? idiot? why is that even in there?

MightySheep

^ Yes, imo most of the quick chats should be removed because only a few of them are actually useful/necessary (e.g. "Incoming enemy spotted" or "I'm going for the enemy flag" or "We need more defence" etc) but theres so many random pointless ones which people just spam like boo and oops because it sounds like boobs and they should just be removed

It is so annoying after a while

A2

imo most of the quick chats should be removed because only a few of them are actually useful/necessary (e.g. "Incoming enemy spotted" or "I'm going for the enemy flag" or "We need more defence" etc)[...]

Because only a few of them are useful, it doesn't mean that the whole system is to be removed. We've been waiting long for QC to be back (mainly for reducing stuff like 'Hey look there's one inc...oh nvm").
At the same time, yes I do see a lot of misuse with it, and my suggestion is, limit the use of the ones (Taunts) that are not required commands (Flag, Team). i.e. increase the strength of Spam Protection on Taunts (mainly). Not sure if that's possible but that just what I have in mind.

Votemute QC for certain players...
Rather than that, I'd like to see a player getting automatically muted for a certain amount of time (or for a full game if you want it like that) with some sort of message on his chat that shows him what he's doing. And also doesn't bother the player to decide whether he is to be muted or not (either way, players will want to mute an annoying player). ^^

They never learn. Sad. So sad.

RANDOM THOUGHT: If a player spams, his/her chat-box must be auto-spammed with [Idiot!]! That came out of nowhere. =P

<3 QC btw. =)

Reactions: Lin

Siantlark

Votemute QC for certain players. Or just make the timeout timer longer.
Or get admin to summon Prometheus to *chocolate cookies* rockets up their ass.
"O Shining Star of the Heavens!
I summon thee from thy slumber
to rain fire on the Heathens!

Prometheus!"

Jk. I really don't agree with taking away quick chat. Some people can't type fast like you (I suppose since you are asking for a three key sequence to be removed) and it helps to just hear the command rather than take your eyes offa the screen to read the message board.

And A2. I love you. No homo.