Problems with downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrdath

Okay, I've been trying to download Legions for the past few days and I'm having trouble launching it (I'm on Vista btw). I click to download it as usual and the Legions Launcher shows up on my downloads listings and then when I click to load it, it sends me to a Word document page and a pop-up says "The file Legions Launcher cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents". Then I look at the details and it says "Microsoft office cannot open this file because some parts are missing or inval1id." At that point I'm ultimately lost, so I'm wondering what course of action I should take so that I could finally play Legions. thanks in advance.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Out of some very weird reason, the .zip filename extension is set to be opened with Word(!) on your system. Open and extract the compressed file manually with a suitable program, like 7zip, or WinRAR. Then run the extracted content (the launcher) in the folder you want the gamefiles to be in.

To fix that stupid extension problem later on, read this.

Jrdath

Yeah I have no idea why the file name extension was set to be opened with a Word document. I was looking at it like "What the hell is this?" But thank you for the help, hopefully your advice works (I think it will)

Status
Not open for further replies.