Pre-Orders

Dabbleh

Legions Developer

I don't know how many people pre-order content that you know nothing about apart from a carefully made trailer, but we are getting butt *danced* for it.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
20 minutes of listening to TotalBiscuit thinking he is the greatest and talking down to me? What else is new. No thanks.

You preorder a game to ensure you get a copy of it on release day. Who preorders a game based on a single trailer? Why wouldn't you watch a gameplay trailer?

Edit: Also in the case of Aliens, I played it at PAX and the multiplayer was really fun. I would have preordered it because I would have assumed it was like Alien v. Predator cause that game rocked.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
20 minutes of listening to TotalBiscuit thinking he is the greatest and talking down to me? What else is new. No thanks.

You preorder a game to ensure you get a copy of it on release day. Who preorders a game based on a single trailer? Why wouldn't you watch a gameplay trailer?

Edit: Also in the case of Aliens, I played it at PAX and the multiplayer was really fun. I would have preordered it because I would have assumed it was like Alien v. Predator cause that game rocked.
Did you listen to it?

57thEnryu

I generally dont preorder things unless I really want to play them (infact there are very few games I actually bother to buy, SC2 and a few select other games.)

Armageddon

Teapot
I don't pre-order jack, i also don't usually pay for jack but thats beside the point.
Nothing ever really grabs and holds my interest so while everyone pre-orders and pays full price i normally wait until it goes on some steam sale then buy it at a heavy discount.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I think the real problem here is the fact that steam doesn't do refunds on its games. If you pre-ordered a retail copy you usually can return it if you have a problem with it. Steam simply doesn't have that option which is the main reason I only buy cheap games to put on steam because I know if I put anything bigger on that cash would be tied up in that account forever.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I'll do the rare pre-order (Mass Effect 3 being the most recent), but, yeah, for the most part I wait for reviews and word of mouth to go around before purchasing a new release.

rrosvo

I usually don't fall for them pre-ordering schemes...

THIS, however, is something that I couldn't help but to throw money at, even though the supposed release date is as far as December 2014.
(Sneaky kickstarter plug)

Maxter

As a God of War fanboy. No, I want it too, except I have a perfectly fine PS3 and a copy of that game coming next week.

God of War was one of my first games I played on my PS2 when I bought it in 2005. I don't have a PS3, and to be able to acquire all GoW games upto Ascension along with a 500 GB storaged PS3 for 350$ is really an offer I just can't seem to ignore. Only drawback is it's colour.

I preordered Heart of the Swarm. It all depends on how much you know about the game already and if you know you will play it.

So you didn't buy it? Good thing if so. Check out Natural Selection 2. It's a much better game (best fps out right now imo).

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
I usually don't fall for them pre-ordering schemes...

THIS, however, is something that I couldn't help but to throw money at, even though the supposed release date is as far as December 2014.
(Sneaky kickstarter plug)

kickstarter is something that i do not rate as a pre-order, as there is no certainty as to whether the game will even make it anyway.

one example is project awakened, whose kickstarter failed, even though it looks really promising.
there is another plan though... http://www.projectawakened.com/